PDA

View Full Version : Open Grattan track day Friday June 30th (D-Tek Enterprises)

CAMAROBOY69
04-27-2006, 12:36 PM
This is going to be an absolutely awesome event!! We are taking Heathers 67 Mustang Coupe to this event for sure. It will be her first time on a track so its going to be a real incredible experience for her. :drive2: :) :woot:
I will also be making a page on my website that has previous and prior events.

This information is directly from Dennis Lex (DLEX)

D-Tek Enterprises 1st Annual Track day at Grattan Raceway

After 9 successful track days at Gingerman, we are expanding our track day experience to Grattan. This is a relative inexpensive track day which guarantees you 2 hours of track time with minimal traffic. We have a good group of core participants and have been incident free since these events started.

Details
Date: Friday, June 30, 2006
Loc: Grattan Raceway - Grattan, MI (outskirts of Grand Rapids)

Format
Unfortunately, from now on all events will be cars only. While we have a good group of motorcycles, karts and shifter karts, the participation level was never steady. Each group is limited to 15 vehicles for a total of 45 vehicles max.
Group 1 - intermediate #1
Group 2 - intermediate #2
Group 3 - advance

Track Time
Track hours are 9:00 to 5:00. Gates Open: 7:00am
20 minutes of track time per session will yield over 2 hours of track time per vehicle
This event will happen RAIN or SHINE.

Cost
$150.00 (Cash or Check only). Check payable to " D-Tek Enterprises".
This is the same price as paid for Gingerman. Grattan actually costs a little more due to the necessity of having more track workers, however I will not be raising the price charged to you.

Sign-Up
This invitation is going out to a list of possible participants. If interested, please respond with your name, vehicle, experience and contact information. This is so I can get an idea of who may be coming. Feel free to invite friends and others that may be interested.

Payment
I am now accepting payment. This ensures your spot for the day. This is a NON-REFUNDABLE payment that is due prior to the event. The reason this is done is so that at the last minute, everybody is not backing out and I am forced to pay for the track all myself. There are only 45 spots available for this event and participation fills fast. When we reach event capacity, I will put your name on the waiting list and if someone needs to drop out, I can then refund their money and you will have a place.

Payment Address
DG Lex
D-Tek Enterprises
1113 Lawndale
Royal Oak, MI 48067

Final Event Details
1 week prior to the event, I will send out the groups, directions and event schedule. If you have questions, please contact me.

Contact Information
D.G Lex (DLEX)
cell: 313-492-8250
email: [email protected] ([email protected])

Thank you, I look forward to seeing you at the track

CAMAROBOY69
05-15-2006, 04:16 AM
There are a lot of really nice cars on this site. Anyone else want to represent for the Pro-Touring site and prove to people that our cars DO get driven? I cant be the only one around the Michigan area that actually drives my car onto a road track. :)

CAMAROBOY69
06-02-2006, 05:50 AM
Its at the end of this month. June 30th. We still plan on taking Heathers 67 Mustang.

CAMAROBOY69
06-08-2006, 03:44 AM
Email from Dennis Lex.

This is the 2nd update for the upcoming Grattan Open Track Day which is just 3 weeks away. Currently, there are many people whom have expressed interest, however I have not received payment from everybody. If you have responded that you would like to participate, please contact me so that I can keep you on the list.

As of right now, I do not have enough participants to cover the costs of the track, insurance and workers. I don't know if it is because of the weekend that this falls on or people are just getting tired of driving. If you know of anybody that is interested, please send this invite to them. If you have been waiting to see if you would be interested, now is the time to let me know. If I do not have enough participants, I will be forced to cancel the day which I really don't want to do.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

DG Lex

CAMAROBOY69
06-15-2006, 03:35 AM
I HAVE TERRIBLE NEWS! :( :( :( This is going to absolutely crush Heather. We have busted our butts and the Mustang is ready too. :(
Just got this letter from Dennis.

D-Tek Enterprises Grattan Raceway Track Day, Friday, June 30, 2006: CANCELLED

For the first time in our 6 years of hosting track day events, D-Tek Enterprises has decided to cancel the upcoming track day event scheduled at Grattan Raceway on Friday, June 30, 2006.
In the past we have never had a problem with selling out our events. For this event we have received more than enough responses to fill the event, however to date, we have only recevied half of the entry fees for those who had committed to participating. With the event a little over 2 weeks away, we needed to let the track know that we were cancelling. Our events are broadcasted to a mailing list of over 250 people, in addition to being advertised on 15 different web forums and over the next 2 weeks, we probably will get more partipants interested. However, we simply just can not take the chance that we will not be able to cover the event costs.

We are sorry for any inconvience that this may cause. We will be mailing all paid particiipants entry fees back to you.

We haven't scheduled our next event as of yet, however our events will be updated to you via email. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.