PDA

View Full Version : Question about Baer Brakes

Darkclaw13
10-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Just out of curiousity for someone who has never bought Baer Brakes can anybody tell me the price of a Baer Extreme Plus Brake Systems, as well as the Pro Plus systems?

immrtransam
10-14-2004, 06:53 PM
And why are they drilled

LOL

Darkclaw13
10-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Funny...

B Cichocki
10-15-2004, 09:55 PM
I've got the Extreme+ 15" Rotor setup on my Chevelle. For that you're looking around $5000, depending on what kind of deal you can find. Pro+ are $3000 give or take.
-Brian

rockvillespeed
10-24-2004, 08:21 PM
if you're looking to buy, see the group purchase section for a sale i am having, please.
the drilling is mostly cosmetic, fyi, but has it's roots in allowing the gas emitted by the pads under high heat conditions to vent, preventing a cushion of said gas from interferring with proper pad to rotor contact.
also water drainage, and helps keep pad surface fresh, lessening the chance of glazing.
mike

spanky the wondermuffin
10-25-2004, 12:03 PM
what gas?why not drill holes in your windshield to help with drainage when you use your wipers.please provide the name of a reputable manufacturer who says the pads they make produce a gas that needs vented.

jprewitt
11-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Take a look at this link. You never know, you might learn something.

http://www.davisengineering.net/brakesusp.html

Or you can just search on google for brake gas.

baz67
11-04-2004, 08:43 AM
This damn drilled thing is back again. :seizure: :seizure: How many times do we need to beat this dead horse. In current times drilled rotors are cosmetic only, period, end of story! When the first appeared in the 50's, outgassing was a problem. Today it is not.

Looks like that link is from some sort of vender. Bling=more sales not better perfomance.

Read this http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2002.
Too bad I could not find the thread linked on the first post. The site they have it archived is being reconstructed.
Brian