PDA

View Full Version : Did my alignment today

dennis68
10-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah, check out these numbers (BTW, the first numbers were done in my garage with a tape measure). https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

protour_chevelle
10-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Nice!

I should have kept my sheet to see what the old and actual #'s were. Mind you. Everythings maxxed out right now because my springs are flat!

-Matt

BRIAN
10-15-2004, 05:34 AM
What equip are you using in your garage?

TurboLark
10-15-2004, 05:45 AM
I'm confused. I tought having all the numbers in red was a bad ting. Everything looks out of spec to me.

dennis68
10-15-2004, 08:59 AM
What equip are you using in your garage?
A tape measure and a pair of 2X4's

I'm confused. I tought having all the numbers in red was a bad ting. Everything looks out of spec to me.
You are confused, the red is anything out of spec according to the computers OE specs. Nothing on the road today should be using specs engineering came up with 35 years ago. Computer numbers are for kids that never learned how to do a proper alignment and rely on the visual aids to set cars up.

TurboLark
10-15-2004, 10:13 AM
A tape measure and a pair of 2X4's

You are confused, the red is anything out of spec according to the computers OE specs. Nothing on the road today should be using specs engineering came up with 35 years ago. Computer numbers are for kids that never learned how to do a proper alignment and rely on the visual aids to set cars up.
Ok, you were going for different specs than stock. Still, 3/8" toe in and 8deg plus caster seems like alot.

dennis68
10-15-2004, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't set a customers car up using those specs if they asked me to. On newer stuff I look at the specs and then come up with my own settings. On the older stuff I have own specs, I usually modify the machine so all the numbers are green but since it was own and I was pressed for time I just left it alone.

DLinson
10-16-2004, 08:28 PM
It's nice to see that you're using one of our Hunter aligners. It's true, we can only supply manufacture specs. The original specs were developed with the original bia-ply tires. 3/8" total toe does sound like a lot though. Does the car have a pull to the left with that large caster difference or did you do that to offesed the road crown?

If you're going to the SEMA show, check out the Hunter booth. We are goingto offer a new software feature that will allow you to measure bump steer and the camber change over jounce and rebound. It will also guide a tech through a tire temp testing procedure to help set up an alignment.

Later,
Dennis

dennis68
10-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Caster split for road crown offset, we have mega crown around here for some reason. My commute is 7 miles, I usually burn up tires long before they have a chance to wear. I like the added toe-in for initial turn in feel. I won't be at SEMA unfortunately, but would love to get some new equipment. Cheap ass boss won't even pop for ride height gauge so I doubt I'll be getting bump steer anytime soon. I wonder if the "the brakes went out" the next time I put a car on the rack, then we would need a new machine......