PDA

View Full Version : Year One / Autocross

Tony@AirRideTech
04-20-2006, 04:56 AM
Goodmorning guys! I wanted to give you guys a heads up first that we are sponsorsing the autocross this year for the Year One Experience. We are also going to have four cars down there that we invite you to drive on the autocross coarse ( GSX, 71 RS, 67RS, and an 05 mustang. All of these cars are set up with our goodies and they are the same cars you guys have seen featured and driven at the street challenge. We have also built a custom billet one off trophy for first place and stainless trophys for second and third. Along with the trophys we are giving gift certificates for the first three fastest times so bring it on! We will see you guys down there and travel safe!:bicycle:

Tony

Randy67
04-20-2006, 10:16 AM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday, maybe Sunday. Of course I am working taking pictures of cars on course. Looking forward to getting the shots of people going off course, looping & just plain screwing up. :drive2: Come introduce yourselfs, nice to put a face with the names.

Larry Callahan
04-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah! I'm all over that. My flight leaves in 19 hours but who's counting. LOL!

69rs
04-20-2006, 05:25 PM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday, maybe Sunday. Of course I am working taking pictures of cars on course. Looking forward to getting the shots of people going off course, looping & just plain screwing up. :drive2: Come introduce yourselfs, nice to put a face with the names.
Randy, I see you are from Loganville. I didn't know there was a fellow member so close. Do you ever make it to the Loganville cruise in / car show?

Randy67
04-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Jim,
I haven't made it in awhile, I usually forget about it, too many things going on. When is it held, can't remember at the moment?
Randy

tbair
04-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Tony,You must be the guy that has the progressive chassis under the 61.I talked with them about a week ago.on building me one just havent made up my mind yet.Hows your project going? and what do you think of there work? how moch of the floor did you have to cut? any pics.Thanks Tim

69rs
04-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Jim,
I haven't made it in awhile, I usually forget about it, too many things going on. When is it held, can't remember at the moment?
Randy
It's the first Saturday at either 4 or 5:00 at Ingles.

Damn True
04-22-2006, 09:19 PM
How did our members fare in the auto-x and on the track?

southernfriedcj
04-23-2006, 05:29 AM
It's the first Saturday at either 4 or 5:00 at Ingles.

Is it back at Ingles? Last year they moved it to Home Depot, and the AJC has a show listed for Ingles and one for Home Depot, both on the first Saturady at 5:00.
There is also a big show at the Varsity in Athens on the first Saturady. A lot of nice cars.
Jim

69rs
04-23-2006, 06:15 PM
How did our members fare in the auto-x and on the track?
I did the wet/dry autocross, the dry autocross and the track. Both "parade" laps (105-115mph), and open track time. I couldn't tell you any times. I'm sure I was slow, but it was as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. (Don't ask how I know you can't do this with your clothes off.) It was also a great way to determine where my car is lacking. Unfortunately it's several areas!

69rs
04-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Is it back at Ingles? Last year they moved it to Home Depot, and the AJC has a show listed for Ingles and one for Home Depot, both on the first Saturady at 5:00.
There is also a big show at the Varsity in Athens on the first Saturady. A lot of nice cars.
Jim
It is back at Ingles....the new one this time. They may just have the new and old info at the paper. What do you expect for a quarter?!?

Tony@AirRideTech
04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
If you did not get a chance to make it you guys missed out..... The Autocross and the open track was a blast. I sat down at the autocross for most of the three days. We had the red 67 running down in the 27's and the fastest that I could get the 71 around the coarse was in the mid 29's. The 3500 stall coverter was whipping my ass. Bret got it down in the low 28's. We had the mustang in the low 27's a gnats ass away from running 26's. The winning time of the event was I think a mid 25 that was posted up by young guy in a Subaru WRX. You guys should have seen this kid drive man! I was impressed! He took me for a ride in the thing and we ran some low 26's. I could not believe how hard that little thing could pull and how hard it could stop. his fastest winning time was actually done in the rain too. As it dried up and heated up, he was averaging mid 26's which was super impressive. We had a couple takers to come and drive the cars. Hopefully they will post up.... in fact we had one board member get the 71 down in the 29's on his first outing in the car and with that tranny and converter combo was impressive!

Tony@AirRideTech
04-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Tony,You must be the guy that has the progressive chassis under the 61.I talked with them about a week ago.on building me one just havent made up my mind yet.Hows your project going? and what do you think of there work? how moch of the floor did you have to cut? any pics.Thanks Tim

I love the chassis the the work is 100% first class workmanship. The only part of the pans that needed any surgery with the C-4 rear was the rear passenger foot pan needed sectioned up about 1.5" and the rear end locating bar mount came into the seat pan area just a tick...... I have a bunch of images....... give me a little time and I will try to post em up and start a thread in the suspension forum for ya.......

tbair
04-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks Tony, would love to see the pics.Tim

voodookan122468
04-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Thanks, Tony. I would have liked to have stayed and taken the 71 for a couple more laps. But the drag races were calling. Hope to see them next year, and do it faster. Maybe the 05 Mustang? Mark

Tony@AirRideTech
04-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Mark,
I was pretty impressed with the way you through that very "foreign" feeling car to you around that track especially with the way the tranny was set up and the stall we were running in it. We have plans to change that now and it should be completely different next year. I am going to try to have my 61 ready next year. She may not be in paint yet but hopefully running and driving.
On a second note, I want to extend my gratitude for everybody's hospitality down at the autocross and during dinner at Bob's place on Saturday night. Bob and his wife were such gracious hosts with good drink, good food, and great "blonde" jokes! Also a very big thank you for the guys that went out of their way to get all of us over to view the collection. I am still blown away.
Next year I have a very big feeling that the Autocross is going to be a put-up or shut-up! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. By the way I never did let everybody know that the slowest time around the track was a 46 laid down by Lou and four other riders in the golf cart, the best time in a golf cart was a 41.46 which was close to what a few cars actually ran :)