PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass Hood

PT Dave
10-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a "stock" '69 Camaro bolt-on Fiberglass Hood ??

Jim Nilsen
10-13-2004, 09:35 PM
VFN Fiberglass redid their mold for the hood I have. They don't sell too many of them so it takes a while to get one made. They are fresh when you get them and not something that they lay around for inventory. Now is the time to order before they start making the new funnycar molds for the next years racing season. I would give yourself at least 6 to 8 weeks if you wait and order it after the new year. They do great work and since they don't have to redo the mold it should go much faaster than than when I got mine.

Mine is a liftoff that I modified to hinge forward but they have the inner mold for a regular hinge type already so they should be able to help you out.

Goodluck , Jim Nilsen

MrQuick
10-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Classic industries lists a stock style hood made by Harwood. Pn 10100 and list for 212.95 http://www.classicindustries.com
Hey Jim how much did VFN charge you for the hood. We got a custom stinger hood for a 69 Chevelle for $700. ouch

Jim Nilsen
10-18-2004, 08:40 PM
It was about $245 including tax if I remember right.They added extra material to the supports since it was going to be hinged. They normally weigh 12 lbs. for the lift off and mine weighed 17 lbs. I picked it up at the shop in Addison since they are only 70 miles away at the most.

I think the stock hinged hood is around $350 or less but you can find out online I believe. Their prices have always been realistic for what you get. You can also custom order from them and not have it really be that outrageous.

Time is the only factor for the custom stuff and now is the time to order because when the racing season starts again in the new year it will take longer.

The quality is worth waiting for and to get better quality it will cost a lot more money.

All fiberglass hoods will always need a little spot here or there for whatever reason unless they did the extra labor and charge for it when they make it!

A stock Harwood hood for $212.00 Is a really good deal even if it takes a little work to make it perfect.

Goodluck , Jim Nilsen

Flyboy
10-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Here's another company for you... www.americansportscar.com