PDA

View Full Version : Headliner

Jim Nilsen
08-16-2004, 08:11 AM
I really need to get motivated about working on the Cormaro again and the next step for me to take seems to be the headliner.

I have my material and am waiting for my brother to drop off the brake to make the bends I need to make some of the pieces to make it all work.

I believe that it will be different than what you normally see but after months of thought on it I just couldn't resist seeing how it will turn out.

With this new forum I hope to be able to give you all pics as I go along.

And since I was the first one to post here .

May all of our fabricating be fun !!!!! :cheers:

Jim Nilsen

Matt@RFR
08-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Cool Jim! Different is ALLWAYS good! What material are you gonna use?

Jim Nilsen
08-16-2004, 07:39 PM
I have chosen .060 perforated aluminum with 3/16 holes on 5/16 spacing . I would have to check my receipt to be sure but those dimensions should give you an idea.

It is very light and shouldn't weigh anymore than the standard headliner.

I have chosen to go this way since it will be totally nonflammable and won't have to be removed or changed if the car gets stepped up to a class of racing that would require it to be removed. It should also help insulate the inside of the car better the way I plan on doing it.

Plus it will look similar I hope to the perforated look that some older headliner styles were like.

Jim Nilsen

Matt@RFR
08-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Blah blah blah...just admit it, you're doing it 'cause it's cool!! Well, I agree.

:jump:

:bananna2: