PDA

View Full Version : universal radiators

RobM
10-13-2004, 07:16 PM
im looking for a good radiator but i cant spend alot of money, im looking at radiators by the company BeCool and i see they have vehicle specific designs and universal designs. whats the differance? the universal ones come with GM plumbing locations any way and are 200$ less. what does it take to make a universal design fit? is it worth saving the extra 200$? i also noticed jegs has aluminum radiators for $170 does any body know what these are like?

Ralph LoGrasso
10-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Check out www.rondavisradiators.com. They have a bunch of Universal radiators, and Tim can help you out on deciding which one is best, he posts here sometimes. I have a Ron Davis, and it's TOP notch.

dennis68
10-13-2004, 07:53 PM
I have been running a Griffen universal model for about 5 years. I drive it almost everyday including weekends, it's about the only thing that hasn't broke yet.

CAMAROBOY69
10-14-2004, 04:34 AM
I have been running a universal radiator for the last 2 years and I think it is worth the savings. I only paid about $160 for mine. I forgot the brand but I attached a Mark VIII fan right to it. The fan couldnt have fit any more perfect. To make the radiator fit I just made brackets out of metal laying around. If you are creative and have the material then the universal rad is the way to go if your cheap like I am. :lmao:

Kenova
10-14-2004, 08:22 AM
I'm using a universal alum. rad from Summit Racing. Cost me $300.00CDN delivered to my doorstep. Spent another $60.00CDN at the welding shop to have some miner alterations done. It's the same size as a big block rad and fits like a glove.
Ken

Forgot to mention that the best price I could get from retailers and manufacturers in my neck of the woods was $600.00 for the same size rad. And that's before the 15% in sales taxes.

gmachinz
10-15-2004, 09:59 AM
For any of you guys looking for nice aftermarket radiators, I can get damn-near exact same Griffin type radiators from Northern for $160-170 and up your cost plus shipping. If you are out of the country, I can help you avoid paying import taxes...I've done so for some of my customers in Sweden :jump: Email me with your needs (sizes, filler/hose locations, etc.) and I'll send you a reply ASAP! [email protected]