PDA

View Full Version : A Couple DC control and Fan questions

6'9"Witha69
04-17-2006, 10:25 AM
I did do a search, found some great info, but I need some confirmation since I didn't see anyone post part numbers (which controller). Sooo...
1. Will the FK35 be sufficient for the MKVIII fan?
2. Can I just order any replacement MKVIII fan from Autozone, Pep Boys, Kragen etc.? I read where the OEM fans should be trusted over the aftermarket fans, does this include the replacement parts from the big parts places?

CarlC
04-17-2006, 03:27 PM
The FK35 will work fine.

Does Autozone, PB, etc. even offer an aftermarket/rebuilt fan? The cars are not that popular, and the aftermarket may not embrace them. The 1998 Mark VIII from Rockauto.com is a Motorcraft part.

If you would like to take a look at my intallation I'm just over the hill in Glendale.

6'9"Witha69
04-18-2006, 10:33 AM
The FK35 will work fine.Great, thanks.

Does Autozone, PB, etc. even offer an aftermarket/rebuilt fan? The cars are not that popular, and the aftermarket may not embrace them. The 1998 Mark VIII from Rockauto.com is a Motorcraft part.I found this at autozone. Just wondering if anyone knew whether it was good or not.
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=performSearch&Parameters=Auto+Store%7C%7EREGULAR+PARTS+LOOK+UP%7 C%7ERADIATOR+FAN+ASSEMBLY

If you would like to take a look at my intallation I'm just over the hill in Glendale.PM Sent.

gmachinz
04-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Nobody offers a replacement fan or motor for it-and I doubt they will. Siemens/VDO makes the motors themselves and Ford builds the fan/shroud assembly. The Lincolns they came on were high dollar and the production is relatively low-combine that with an extremely low failure rate on the fans and that creates a situation where the need to make an aftermarket version is unprofitable. As the supply of fans needed to keep a stock for the dealers begin to dry up, Detroit will produce another 3,000 or so for the dealers in case they have a repair order but eventually, somebody will need to buy the rights to the fan to keep making them after about 8 years from initial release. I'd be willing to bet that in about 2 more years, they will start to dry up. As a very nice alternative, I have found the new Mustang fans to be similar in size and just as powerful. They will serve as a great replacement fan to the Mark VIII in the coming years with big quantities available since we all know the Mustang is not going anywhere. I still have a lot of Mark VIII's in stock but I've been installing the Mustang fans, too. And of course they all go out with the FK-35 controllers, too! -Jabin

CarlC
04-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Something is busted in the PM system for me. How does Saturday morning work for you? We might have to squeeze in a test ride!

engine
04-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Jabin, you got a shot of that Mustang fan? Just curious as to what it looks like.

gmachinz
04-23-2006, 01:32 PM
I don't have side by side shots of it...I'll see what we have for install pics. -Jabin

70GS455
05-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Isn't this the same fan thats sold on rockauto.com as the Motorcraft RF-24 for $140 ?

gmachinz
05-03-2006, 07:47 PM
No, the part number is RF-64 and it is now $180 on Rockauto. The dealer cost went up so everybody went up-we did too but we are selling them at $174.99 in our recently opened Ebay store. The Mustang (2006) fan is RF-124 I think. -Jabin

70GS455
05-04-2006, 07:15 AM
The RF-24 is from the T-bird/Cougar, same shroud, same fan and from what I can tell, the motor appears to be similar to the 64. The part numbers for the replacement motors are different though. Just cheaper than the 64, might be worth checking into, maybe a little more profit margin.

70GS455
05-06-2006, 07:00 PM
<chirp>....<chirp>....<chirp>....<sound of crickets>....

gmachinz
05-06-2006, 08:08 PM
To my knowledge, there is no replacement motor for the RF-64 because with the way it's riveted to the shroud, you'd ruin it trying to take the old one out. And, Siemens/VDO does not offer a replacement motor for the RF-64 for the reason mentioned above and that the failure rate of the OEM motor is practically non-existent. The T-bird fans are the same overall size but the motors are slightly different, a little less CFM capability but more reliable than any aftermarket fan, the Mark VIII is simply regarded as the best of the crop. -Jabin

JJSmitches
05-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Jabin check your PMs.