PDA

View Full Version : Ok, need more input..

Streetking
10-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Ok, guys I need some input.

First, wheels.. I have already have some 18x8f/18x10r Torque ThrustII's. Since I'm mini-tubbing, I really want to go with 18x12's w/335s. I'm thinking Fikse or Budnick Famosa's. What do you guys think? Is there something else I should look at also?

Second, I originally thought I was going to paint my car blk/white stripes and still might, but I have been looking at alot of pictures and can't make my mind up. I know color is a personal thing, but I really like red/blk stripes and silver/ blk stripes. Just looking for some input. I know silver would be hard to "touch up" if it gets scratched, but it does look good.. :dunno:

Thanks in advance.

SW

Foudie
10-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi SW,

What car are we talking about? Fikse makes some nice wheels that look good on just about anything. The other day I saw a set of BBS wheels on a fastback mustang that just looked awesome. The car was silver like you are considering, and the wheels were magnesium. Killer combination especially with the big Baer Brakes behind them. From the looks of your collection I know whatever wheel/tire combo you go with it's going to look great.

Brad

Streetking
10-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Sorry Brad, my '69 Camaro project. I have had Fikse wheels for along time on several cars, they make a bad ass wheel. I was just looking for something different...

SW

Steve Chryssos
10-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Tell us more about the car.
-Will you be retaining all of the factory chrome and trim?
-Do you have an interior color preference?
-Will the interior be resto or custom?
-Will you install a roll bar or roll cage?
-Will the overall look of the car be resto, street rod or race-car?
-What are your plans for the hood?
-Will the headlights be exposed or hide-a-way?

Streetking
10-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Tell us more about the car.
-Will you be retaining all of the factory chrome and trim?
-Do you have an interior color preference?
-Will the interior be resto or custom?
-Will you install a roll bar or roll cage?
-Will the overall look of the car be resto, street rod or race-car?
-What are your plans for the hood?
-Will the headlights be exposed or hide-a-way?

Ok, no chrome except around the windows, all blk interior w/ comfortweave seats, all stock interior except DSE dash, steel cowl hood, exposed headlights, no roll bar. It will be full pro-touring style, I bought everything that DSE had to offer, T56 from Tyler, 440hp 383, Vintage Air w/front runner system, Baer 4 wheel disc set up and it will be slammed...

Thanks,

SW

Steve Chryssos
10-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Based on the all of the above information, I wold paint the car Ferrari dark silver with a single black stripe down the center of the cowl hood (and matching on the rear deck. I would run Chevy SSR wheels. with 315 tire out back. If you absolutely have to have 335's then I would figure out how to have them widened.

KrisHorton
10-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Here's my 2 cents, SW. I like Steevo's ideas a lot. If it were me, I would do the car in a brandywine color with a matte black (or "soft paint" stripe. Could look pretty evil yet classy. I love the House of Kolor Kandy Brandywine. It's got to be one of the most beautiful reds on the planet. Dark metallic grey could look good as well, possibly with some dark red stripes or some other color.

Not to shamelessly plug myself here, but I think some renderings could really help make the decision a million times easier. Just a thought though. :geek:

Sounds like it's going to be a fantastic car, can't wait to see it come to life!

Martin71RS
10-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Silver.....but I am biased

Martin

MrQuick
10-13-2004, 10:03 PM
You can never go wrong with black and white, but I may be biased also...if you want something different you might want to go another route. Maybe a modern touch with black and white.There are alot of rims out there to chose from. How about a custom one off rim?

David Sloan
10-14-2004, 01:03 AM
Hi SW
I have been thinking a lot about what my next 69 would be ! I was thinking silver w a custom blk motion baldwin type of strip, something sim. to what Stevo is talking about.
It will probly be a while before i get to do a car for me again with the new business. I will be keeping the red one so life ant bad! :cheers:

I still have not picked a wheel yet that will be one of the hardest things to do for me because i like the TT so much on these cars, but i,am ready for something differant!!!! :hmm:

Take care, hope this was the type of input you were looking for?
Give me a call if you get a chance have not heard from you in a while.

LS1NOVA
10-14-2004, 05:17 AM
Has Anyone Run Ssr Wheels. Arent They 6 Lug. Or Are We Taking About A Different Wheel. My Input On The Paint Would Be A Darker Silver With A Semi Flat Stripe Of Some Sort.

Steve Chryssos
10-14-2004, 06:30 AM
Crap! You're right LS1NOVA. The five spoke wheel design threw me off. Oh well. If SW want to put in the work, he will definitely meet his goal of having something "different"

See the attached image (it's big)
http://www.chevyssrforum.com/X03CT_SR078.jpg

Nine Ball
10-14-2004, 06:39 AM
Since I've seen most of your cars in person SW, I know you tend to prefer more of a performance-inspired look instead of a sl(h)owcar look.

Ditch the TT2 wheels. They are the most overplayed wheels on the earth now. Fikses are nice, but quickly becoming outdated looking. I'd try something different, maybe from iForged or HRE. I really like the gunmetal gray 7-spokes (iForged) on this car: http://www.iforged.com/albums/album01/kennya4.sized.jpg

Now, imagine those wheels on your '69. Paint the car black like you want, but then put some gunmetal gray Baldwin-Motion stripes (with the painted type rearend) on it to match the wheels. Talk about impact! That car would look tough, as well as serious. No heavy, fancy blingy show car billet wheels. Or, just put some gray Z28 stripes on it.

Streetking
10-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Tony, you know me pretty well, I'm going to look into those I forged wheels. I have alot to think about...

SW

JamesD
10-14-2004, 09:25 PM
I would go with BBS wheels, i've only seen 1 other camaro with them. the RK's look great.

Martin71RS
10-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I've seen it too somewhere...look good on a silver Camaro :seizure:

hope to have decent pics after the weekend...
Martin

atomic_punk
10-14-2004, 09:52 PM
SW,

I'd go silver or black..there are way too many red 69 Camaro's in your area :hah:

As for wheels.. those famosa's look great.. after all Kyle put'em on the twister.

Can't wait to see your car on the road soon..

TJ

POS71RS
10-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Yeah, ditch the TTs and give em to me. I need wheels; mine suck.
:icon996: