PDA

View Full Version : Gearhead TV Shows...

Piet
10-13-2004, 09:32 AM
In my opinion.. I love all the Television shows about car restoration/rebuilding. However not all shows are created equal. Some of my gut feels are:

Blah Television
American Hot Rod (Discovery) - 2 Thumbs Down What a waste of time. After watching, I will NEVER buy Boyd stuff... these guys scare me.
Pimp my ride (MTV) - 1 Thumb Down All they do is Paint, Wheels, Stereos...No Engines or Suspension. All Glam...no Jam

OK Television
Monster Garage (Discovery) - No Thumbs Cool theme music... funny projects. Get rid of the midget.
American Thunder (Speed) - No Thumbs Cool music... pretty pictures. Not a lot of content.
Tuner Transformation (Speed) - No Thumbs Not bad TV if you are a Ricer... At least the show all the fabrication and work. (mostly bolt-ons)

Good Television
American Chopper (Discovery) - 1 Thumb Up (A least we see some fabrication work) They make me laugh... and they do decent work even though they send out most of it (fenders, motors, and paint)
Overhaulin' (TLC) - 1 Thumb Up They do really nice work, but we need to see more fabrication. The plots are a little hokey... but they try.
Dream Car Garage (Speed) - 1 Thumb Up I really like these guys... nice to watch in the garage.
Rides (TLC) - 2 Thumbs Up They are quite chatty, but lots of background information.
Biker Build Off (Discovery) - 2 Thumbs Up This is great television. We see lots of design and fabrication. Builder background info. I love it
Autorotica: Barrett-Jackson (Speed) - 2 Thumbs Up TV to drool for.... lovely cars

Have not watched Chop Cut Rebuild (Speed)... looks promising
HEY ABC... where is my Extreme Makeover - Car Edition!

Also I am waiting for ProTour Television (**Hint Hint Larry**) If you need a Reporter... Pick Me Pick Me. Paid to look at Cars... Heaven!

J-Rod
10-13-2004, 02:03 PM
In my opinion.. I love all the Television shows about car restoration/rebuilding. However not all shows are created equal. Some of my gut feels are:

Blah Television
American Hot Rod (Discovery) - 2 Thumbs Down What a waste of time. After watching, I will NEVER buy Boyd stuff... these guys scare me.
Pimp my ride (MTV) - 1 Thumb Down All they do is Paint, Wheels, Stereos...No Engines or Suspension. All Glam...no Jam

OK Television
Monster Garage (Discovery) - No Thumbs Cool theme music... funny projects. Get rid of the midget.
American Thunder (Speed) - No Thumbs Cool music... pretty pictures. Not a lot of content.
Tuner Transformation (Speed) - No Thumbs Not bad TV if you are a Ricer... At least the show all the fabrication and work. (mostly bolt-ons)

Good Television
American Chopper (Discovery) - 1 Thumb Up (A least we see some fabrication work) They make me laugh... and they do decent work even though they send out most of it (fenders, motors, and paint)
Overhaulin' (TLC) - 1 Thumb Up They do really nice work, but we need to see more fabrication. The plots are a little hokey... but they try.
Dream Car Garage (Speed) - 1 Thumb Up I really like these guys... nice to watch in the garage.
Rides (TLC) - 2 Thumbs Up They are quite chatty, but lots of background information.
Biker Build Off (Discovery) - 2 Thumbs Up This is great television. We see lots of design and fabrication. Builder background info. I love it
Autorotica: Barrett-Jackson (Speed) - 2 Thumbs Up TV to drool for.... lovely cars

Have not watched Chop Cut Rebuild (Speed)... looks promising

Also I am waiting for ProTour Television (**Hint Hint Larry**) If you need a Reporter... Pick Me Pick Me. Paid to look at Cars... Heaven!

I had really high hopes for CCR (chop cut rebuild)...

And then I watched it.

It's a 30 minute show in which they cram 4 different projects and 5-3 minutes commercials. The projects and what they focus on is pretty cool, but the format completely destroys all hopes for the show. It feels like show-induced ADD, no joke. Just when start getting interested in what they are showing, BAM...cuts to commerical. Then they come back from commercial and heeeeey...we're on to the next car.

So bad. So very bad.

Richz68
10-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Hey guys.....just imagine if there was a hour long show where a regular guys builds their own cars over the coarse of a few months and you get to see it all??? :ssst:

Keep your fingers crossed; it might just be on the way!:secret:

kman67rsss
10-13-2004, 05:15 PM
id like to add TRUCKS to the list of good shows. i enjoy watching stacy build and beat on these rigs, and it seems that they actually do the work unlike the other car shows on spike tv

Air Daddy
10-14-2004, 04:36 AM
[QUOTE=Piet]

QUOTE]

I hear Ford has joined the Extreme Makeover Home edition.
Now on top of getting a new home you also get a new Ford.

PeteRR
10-14-2004, 06:32 PM
id like to add TRUCKS to the list of good shows. i enjoy watching stacy build and beat on these rigs, and it seems that they actually do the work unlike the other car shows on spike tv

Add my vote for Trucks. One host and he explains everything. Even emphesizes when something needs to be welded for strength.

jeff s
10-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Yeah, Oeste's new show is gonna rule when it hits the air.
Jeff S