PDA

View Full Version : NASA-TX Motorsports Ranch April 22-23

LS168Camaro
04-12-2006, 06:22 AM
I am entered in the high performance driving experience with my 68 Camaro for this event. Will anyone on this board be attending? I am going by myself so I would love to have someone to hang out with.
Bryan
[email protected]

68BNUT
04-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Got anymore info on it? or a link? I'm in the Dfw area.

bobbaganoosh
04-12-2006, 04:32 PM
http://www.motorsportranch.com/. This is where it's at, it's an awesome facility! I wish I could go, I'll be out of town that weekend. I'm really diggin the trackside houses there, they are a gearhead's dream!!

B Cichocki
04-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Damn. I'd be there but I don't get back from school until the middle of May. I live about about 10 minutes from the track off 377 in Aledo.

-Brian

68BNUT
04-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Man thanks for that link im gonna have to get out there and check that place out! Seeing that is just what I needed to get remotivated!! rear suspension here I come!!

Y-TRY
04-13-2006, 02:05 PM
The track off 377 is Motorsport Ranch, in Cresson.

Do you have to be a member of a club or anything to participate? Motorsport Ranch is a member-only type of deal, or you have to do the classes at $250.

I also LOVE the trackside houses! Awesome!

How many of you guys are out here in this area? I'm in Cleburne.

Also- May 13th is the car show at the Hulen Hooters. I'll be there..

LS168Camaro
04-14-2006, 06:15 AM
Motorsports Ranch is a country club for road racers. To run there you have to be a member or be an invited guest of a member. However they do have several special events through the year for people who are not members. The event I have entered is through NASA. Go to NASATX.com to check out the texas regions website and there is a link to the national website as well.
I am entered in the HPDE portion which is for beginners. They provide classroom instruction as well as lots of lap time with an instructor riding shotgun. The goal is to teach you how to properly control your car and run the right line. Basically it is a great first step for anyone wanting to do any road racing activities with their car or just to go out and have fun but learning the correct procedures.
The costs involved are a year membership in NASA that is $40 and the fee for the weekend event is $225. It seems like a pretty good deal compared to other events based on the amount of instruction and track time.
Let me know if anyone would be coming out as I am going by myself. I'll be the silver 68 Camaro LS1/6 speed. I am in Fort Worth as well.
Bryan

Y-TRY
04-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Bryan- You wouldn't happen to be in the silver Camaro with Snipers, from Austin, would you? I love that car.

Neil B
04-14-2006, 11:42 AM
MSR is a fun track. Try to pit near the CMC/AI racers. I think they usually try to pit near the skidpad area at the top of the hill near pre-grid. They are a good group to hang out with. Talk to Todd with the #2 Mobil 1 Mustang and tell him Neil said hi. He's the CMC coordinator. The group usually goes out to dinner together at night too.

LS168Camaro
05-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Though I would update this thread with a link from the photography company that was at the track.

http://hart-photography.com/2006/nasamsr/april/11s/albums.html

info tx
05-13-2006, 09:41 PM
If you are really interested, visit www.nasatx.com (http://www.nasatx.com) or e-mail [email protected]
All is offerd: Verious classes, American Iron, Camero Mustang Challenge, Grand Production Challenge, Spec Miata, Time Trials (top speeds), Beginers welcome in the HPDE class. Lots of fun, great folks and racers. Spectators are welcome!