PDA

View Full Version : 67 RS Conversion (Wiring Lights)

TheRoaringEagle
10-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Hi, I heard before that the vacuum operated hide-a-way lights on 1st Gen RS models are more reliable than the previous electric version found on 67s. I just bought RS front end pieces and it came with the wiring harness for the electric operated headlight doors. I don't have any of the RS grill/headlight pieces yet, so I was wondering if I should just buy the 68 style vacuum operated system?

Since technology has advanced, is there a way I can have electrically operated headlight doors through an upgrade in certain parts or wiring, or an aftermarket complete electric healight system kit for RS?

:jump:

qwik1320
10-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I heard/read somewhere that a lot of the trouble with the electric was that they'd burn up in the winter when the doors would freeze shut. Given the advancements in electronics over the last 37 years and that you probably won't be driving the car to work in a blizzard I'd vote for electric. I'm interested in a kit too. I have all the original parts for my 67 but the motors are shot.

TheRoaringEagle
10-12-2004, 07:54 PM
I'm located in California so I don't worry about winters, I think the electric system is the way to go, Thanks! Any chance of you selling your RS parts to me?

qwik1320
10-12-2004, 08:03 PM
No, sorry I'm going to use eveything on my car. Maybe I'll get new chrome, grille and doors down the road but I'm A LONG way from needing them. Check the 67 parts 4-sale on camaros.net. You can post what you're looking for in the wanted section there too. Good luck

kman67rsss
10-13-2004, 11:08 AM
i had actually heard the exach opposite of the electric headlights beeing bad. i had heard that the vaccume lights were worse because a small leak or cracked hose and the lights wont open, that was why the 69's had clear inserts because in theory when the lights wouldnt open there would be a little light on the road to see with the clear inserts

HILROD
10-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Do a search for Retro-electro they make new motors for the doors.

Bad Bowtie
10-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Here's the link
http://www.retro-electro.net/home.html :look: