PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous for Newbie

1Fine69
04-11-2006, 06:21 AM
Hey i just purchased the world class 427 all aluminum form Bill Mitchell. I might be getting ahead of myself but im just thinking about nitrous. i have never used it before and i dont know to much about it except for what i have searched on here. im just looking for a little hp boost. around 50 horse or more. What would be a good starter system to use that is safe. I think the new motor wil be fine with a small shot but i really know nothing about nos. Just pondering:confused:

rocketman
04-11-2006, 10:06 AM
well a wet system is the safest,if there such a thing with nitrous.ZEX nitrous system are about the easiest to use,there really a good beginner system,everything is in one controller.you really need to do alot rsearch there are some really good books out on nitrous,for a beginner,its real easy to blow stuff up if its not tuned right.with carb jetting and ingition timing,fuel system upgrades,which plugs to run.its not just a bolt on and spray it kinda deal.
and a 50 shot isnt worth the time,exp on a 427 that motor should easly handle a 150 shot.

1Fine69
04-11-2006, 03:55 PM
very good points, thanks for the advice. nitrous just got me hooked for a second