PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Nova

Yellow Peril
04-09-2006, 04:33 PM
How dumb do you have to be to buy a modified car from a stranger? So I bought my hotrod on E-bay and got lucky. Of course lots of problems, but if you can't cope with that, buy a new Toyota with a guarantee. I have a '62 Nova, but that's just the sheep's clothing. I have tried to trace the builder of the car, as I don't even know exactly what the motor is. 350 with roller cam and aluminum heads. Izzat a ZZ4? But the trick stuff is the suspension. Heidt's front end and rack&pinion steering, and Heidt's independent rear suspension. Tires are 245 40 ZR 17. So the potential for cornering is there, but it needs more tweaks. After lots of expensive work it is starting to behave on the track but I still need to throw more money at it. And learn how to drive it. My future concerns will be: bigger Aldan shocks on the rear? Frame stiffeners? Rear sway bar? Upgrade master cylinder and vacuum pot?
Jack

derekf
04-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Welcome to the site, Jack.

Let's see some pics of the car!

srh3trinity
04-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Sounds like you lucked out, I would guess a good number of eBay purchases go the other way, as in not getting what you were promised, poor paint, rusted/bondoed body panels, etc. Sounds like a sweet ride though.

CAMAROBOY69
04-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the site Jack. If you are considering upgrading your mastercylinder and brake booster you should really look into a Hydratech Hydraboost (http://www.hydratechbraking.com/). Paul can really hook you up and he guarantees his product 100%.
I finaly saved up the money to get one and it was by far the best brake upgrade I have done so far.