PDA

View Full Version : 70 superbee/ LD 3 link, anyone know anything?

dannyho
04-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I've recently purchased a 71 satellite that, at least eventually i plan on putting a 3 link suspension into. all the searching i've done has come up with this page, and with all the talk about 3 links on this website, and lateral dynamics guys on here I'm superprised superbee and plumfloored (name coined for the car) doesnt turn anything up. here's the link
www.plumfloored.com

dannyho
04-08-2006, 04:36 PM
I'd like to add that I found this page a few days before the car was shown for the first time at Mopars at teh Strip, and then, while there were no finished pictures, there were pictures of the floor when it was cut up to make room for the upper link, and that picture is no longer there. just thought i'd mention it

MrQuick
04-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi Danny, welcome to the site. Sounds like a great project you have there.
Matt and Mark (mean69) are both at LD and they get pretty busy so posting pictures might be low on the list of things to do.
Hope they will chime in with answers to you questions. Your right,there hasn't been much talk about plumbfloored, we should see more soon.
Do you have pictures of you Satellite?

dannyho
04-08-2006, 05:54 PM
well, unforunately i'm one of those student first, car second type of guys. No real choice there. i have the car in storage until next month when i get out, then i'll get crackin on it. luckily i'm a student for a mechanical engineering, and have and will continue to do some serious reading. i have a photoshop of what i'd like to make my car to be, i'll post it here. once i start workin on it i'll get more up

Matt@RFR
04-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey Danny. Unfortunately, the only pictures I have of the car are what's allready on their website, so I'm not much help there. Our Mopar kit should be ready for sale here in a couple weeks.

If you have any specific questions, fire away.

dannyho
04-08-2006, 11:07 PM
well I'll be honest, I have a lot of work ahead of me before i am ready to tackle a big suspension system like that one. But for other people's needs i remember there was a picture where it looked like the you had built the crossmember holding the driveshaft loop, doubled as the upper link's mounting point. Very creative I think. The entire build, from what I can see is very well put together, I just wish the pictures on their website were better resolution. I have a good feeling of what it's like to start a business and I can see the effort and inginuity put into your product, and I truly hope it bring you some good business. good luck to you guys and keep doing what you're doing. Also while you use a watt's link, which I also like, i actually like the mumford link more. a little less known, which is where most of the attractiveness comes from, I have to do a lot more research and calculations before i decide on it, but here's a diagram of the setup, and it would be sweet to see one of these on a pro-tourer

Mean 69
04-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi Danny,

Mark here, from Lateral Dynamics. I have a few more shots of the Plum Floored car that I can share, it is a really neat car that we contracted with to showcase our new suspension system, as well as the company's 6.1 HEMI conversion electronics and incredibly cool EFI intake setup. The car was not completed for the Las Vegas show as may be evident in the pictures, but I am hoping they can complete it and participate in this year's Power Tour: the new goal for the finished car debut. It's pretty wild, the shop doing the body and paint is a small group of highly talented guys that are super, super cool.

I am trying to get several more photos of the setup, this car, and another super cool Mopar B-body project currently underway (our shop car, it should be very, very cool when complete!), so I'd ask for your patience, I don't think you'll be disappointed when you see the full monty.

Thanks!
Mark

PeteRR
04-11-2006, 04:04 AM
Hi Danny,

Mark here, from Lateral Dynamics. I have a few more shots of the Plum Floored car that I can share, it is a really neat car that we contracted with to showcase our new suspension system, as well as the company's 6.1 HEMI conversion electronics and incredibly cool EFI intake setup. The car was not completed for the Las Vegas show as may be evident in the pictures, but I am hoping they can complete it and participate in this year's Power Tour: the new goal for the finished car debut. It's pretty wild, the shop doing the body and paint is a small group of highly talented guys that are super, super cool.

I am trying to get several more photos of the setup, this car, and another super cool Mopar B-body project currently underway (our shop car, it should be very, very cool when complete!), so I'd ask for your patience, I don't think you'll be disappointed when you see the full monty.

Thanks!
Mark

Make sure you guys pack a piece of ground tarp so we can crawl underneath the car during the Power Tour. :drool:

dannyho
04-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Make sure you guys pack a piece of ground tarp so we can crawl underneath the car during the Power Tour. :drool:

:twothumbs i second that

Mean 69
04-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Honestly, if you get a chance, look the thing over as well as you can. We love to get feedback, positive or negative, from as many folks as possible. Matt and I joke from time to time in that all we see it as is a bunch of metal pieces, because we have been so close to it for so long now. Every once in a while, it sinks in though, it's a pretty neat setup and we are certainly proud of it!

M

dannyho
04-14-2006, 02:53 AM
I'm going to try get to englishtown this year to check out the cars. between your car and there's this 72 cuda built by MCR, I think I might have to