PDA

View Full Version : DSE questions

muthstryker
04-08-2006, 01:35 PM
ok im going to mini tub my camaro and i was wondering if you guys think the mini tub kit with the lear springs and either a 2 or 3 inch drop would do just fine? or should i just suck it up and get the quadra link kit and the mini tubs. what would you do if you where on a budget?

EFI69Cam
04-08-2006, 03:45 PM
ok im going to mini tub my camaro and i was wondering if you guys think the mini tub kit with the lear springs and either a 2 or 3 inch drop would do just fine? or should i just suck it up and get the quadra link kit and the mini tubs. what would you do if you where on a budget?

Honestly, on a budget I'd skip the mini tub for now, and save for the quadralink.

Sparky67
04-08-2006, 04:14 PM

I don't think you will be happy unless you get the Quadra-Link kit and the mini-tubs. Although, you need mini-tub it before you install the Quadra-Link. You can hold off on the shocks and springs for awhile, until you need them to finish off the install.

Jeff

Kenova
04-08-2006, 04:36 PM
I believe you need to narrow your gas tank when you use the offset shackles and leaf springs, and that can cost a few bucks, not to mention the hassle.
I would lean towards the Quadra-Link. Mini-tub it first and then buy the suspension when funds permit.
Ken

muthstryker
04-08-2006, 04:59 PM
i thought you had to buy the narrowed gas tank when you mini tubed no matter what...

sjg34
04-08-2006, 05:04 PM
I was told by Kyle that the stock take will fit with the Quadra-Link

Steve1968LS2
04-08-2006, 05:24 PM
The biggest thing I regretted on my '69 was not mini tubbing it when I had it all torn apart..

Stock tank will work with the quadra-link but not the mini-tub :)

EFI69Cam
04-08-2006, 06:50 PM
If you mini tub it first you will have to fight the angled cross member if you put quadra link in.

Also its not true that you need to mini tub with the quadra. I ordered mine setup for stock tubs.

Also while the stock tank won't hit the suspension, you will need to notch the tank to get exhaust past it.

muthstryker
04-08-2006, 07:20 PM
ok guys im like confused..... lol ok if i buy the quadra link kit and the tubs i wont have to get a narrowed tank? the stock would be fine with the tubs installed? or should i save my self the hassel and get a fuel cell for the trunk?

muthstryker
04-08-2006, 07:25 PM
If you mini tub it first you will have to fight the angled cross member if you put quadra link in.

Also its not true that you need to mini tub with the quadra. I ordered mine setup for stock tubs.

Also while the stock tank won't hit the suspension, you will need to notch the tank to get exhaust past it.

i want to run 18x12 in the back i wont have to mini tub it if i get the quadra link?? i thought you had to mini tub for wheels 11-13 inches wide..

Sparky67
04-08-2006, 07:26 PM

Yes, I do remember someone posting that you could order the quadra-link without the mini-tubs. I prefer having 335's in back with the quadra-link. I have a 1967 Camaro, so I didn't have to fight an angled cross member. Originally though, I was going with leaf springs. Then I saw the quadra-link at Columbus Good Guys and saw how cool it was, so I was the first one to buy it. I am doing something different in back of my 1967 Camaro for the exhaust, so I will have to order a narrowed tank.

Jeff

Sparky67
04-08-2006, 07:29 PM
i want to run 18x12 in the back i wont have to mini tub it if i get the quadra link?? i thought you had to mini tub for wheels 11-13 inches wide..

I have 18x12 Fikse Profil 5s wheels with a 1967 Camaro, and yes you do have to mini-tub the car to run that size rim.

Jeff

muthstryker
04-08-2006, 07:35 PM
thank you jeff you answerd my question lol those are the wheels i want..i think those are damn nice. if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for them? and i think im going to buy the quadra link.

Sparky67
04-08-2006, 08:10 PM
thank you jeff you answerd my question lol those are the wheels i want..i think those are damn nice. if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for them? and i think im going to buy the quadra link.

Well, if you are on budget then you might have to try Budnik Cobalt wheels, because you might not be able to afford the Fikse. Give Fikse a call and they will give you a price. http://www.fikse.com/ Depends on the finish that you want. Mine are fully polished, so the price went up. If you are on a budget, just buy what you can afford now. I didn't buy everything up front, just took me awhile to buy the things I wanted. I still haven't bought my fuel tank yet. Jeff

muthstryker
04-08-2006, 08:20 PM
lol as long as the wheels arnt 1500+ for one i can get them.

muthstryker
04-08-2006, 08:52 PM
if i did forgeline WC3 wheels that would leave me some extra money for like breaks, motor, suspension,inteior, or what ever i needed.

Sparky67
04-08-2006, 08:59 PM
if i did forgeline WC3 wheels that would leave me some extra money for like breaks, motor, suspension,inteior, or what ever i needed.

I sent you a PM. Forgeline WC3 wheels are much cheaper, but I don't know on how they would look on a 1968 Camaro. I sent you a link in the PM of a 1968 Camaro with Fikse 5s installed.

Jeff

EFI69Cam
04-09-2006, 06:06 AM

You have to tub for tires wider than 275, you do not have to tub to install the quadra link.