PDA

View Full Version : WD C4 subframe finally in!

streetk14
04-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Last time I posted in this section was after my '68 was backed into by a truck on christmas eve. Well, I tore the front sheetmetal and subframe off. I've had a C4 subframe from Wayne Due sitting in my garage since December of '04, waiting to be installed. Up until now, I wasn't in a hurry to install it (having too much fun driving it). I finally have all my parts, the frame is installed with the Global West bushings, and I have started to assemble and mock everything up. I bolted in my tilt column from Ididit last night. I'm still waiting on some brake caliper spacers from Baer (they sent me the wrong brackets). I still need to figure out how I am going to route my brake lines, and I think I will be ordering a booster from Hydratech. Then it's off to the body shop for some new paint. It's coming together, and I can't wait to get it back on the road. This is the 1st time I have really taken the car apart in the 7 years I have owned it. Wish me luck,
Andy

69rs
04-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Looks great!

colt zantop
04-07-2006, 08:52 AM
awesome...keep us updated!

rocketrod
04-07-2006, 09:59 AM
WOW! Looks great! Keep us posted.

streetk14
04-07-2006, 05:26 PM
WOW! Looks great! Keep us posted.

Thanks guys. Hey Rod, did you ever get the leather TRS seats I sold you installed?

rocketrod
04-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks guys. Hey Rod, did you ever get the leather TRS seats I sold you installed?
Funny you should ask. I should be installing them permanently in the next week or two. I did a test fit and I really like them. I just need to finish putting sound deadener in and installing my DSE dash.