PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Solidworks model.

pav8427
04-06-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm looking for a Solidworks model to analyse suspension set ups.
My cad guy thinks this may be hard to set up,I know very little about running solidworks.
Does anyone here happen to have a copy they would be willing to send my way, or some assistance in setting one up?

Thanks, Doug

Matt@RFR
04-06-2006, 05:17 PM
What exactly are you looking for? A complete suspension model?

Regarding the difficulty, it's not bad at all. I have lots of working suspension models in SolidWorks, but you can't have any of them. :)

pav8427
04-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Understandable, I'm just looking for some pointers on setting one up.
We have a good idea on the basics, but don't want to miss anything that would simplify the set up.
My cad guy is pretty good at this stuff, and could do it if he had a good starting point.
Thats why he draws and I machine/fabricate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Twin_Turbo
04-07-2006, 10:44 AM
what kind of suspension? IFS, IRS,... ????

It's a LOT of work to model all the parts.

pav8427
04-07-2006, 04:20 PM
IFS. Would like to set it up for rear susp. too, but there are so many options.
Do you think it would be just easier to pick up a full Performance Trends program?
I plan to model my whole set-up(chassis and all)on Solidworks anyway.
Just thought if it wasn't to much to add, I would set it up for manipulation at the same time.
I would also be interested in a model for B-body spindles and a Ford 9", if any one would know where I could find these.

Twin_Turbo
04-07-2006, 04:23 PM
yes, absolutely unless you're hellbent on doing it in SW. AS easy as modelling is in SW it still takes a lot of time to do all the little parts, add the mates and solve problems here and there. I don't have any of those models and it doesn't look like anyone is sharing theirs (I submitted a lot of stuff from a corvette rear end in the other solid works thread)

pav8427
04-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks, I'll just go ahead and get a Copy of PT and go from there.