PDA

View Full Version : Panels - repro's vs original

BuddyP
04-06-2006, 06:21 AM
Are repro's really that bad? Of course anybody would love to have original panels, but what's the real deal with reproductions? For example a 1st gen camaro fender???

Overkill
04-06-2006, 06:43 AM
I'm not really that happy with the repro body panels that I bought for my Camaro. The upper valance doesn't look quite right which I think is caused by rounded corners instead of sharp ones like factory. I couldn't push the passenger fender body line in enough to make it line up with the body line on the door. The top and bottom line up fine, but the middle is out a little. My rear quarter panel and rocker panel on the passenger side seemed to fit without any problems. All the panels that I bought were the OER ones that Classic Industries sells. I could have probably made them fit a little better if I would have had more time and a better place to work on it than a car port.

In all I replaced both front fenders, both doors, upper and lower valance, passenger rocker panel, and passenger quarter.

68fusion
04-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Heartbeat city is supposed to come out with USA fenders soon(69)...they already have a nice decklid. Most of the repo stuff is junk, but if thats all you have or can afford...make the best of it!