PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod Super Nationals?

tourings10style
04-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I was just wondering if any of you had gone to this show in Springfield IL and if so is it a good show? A couple of our group are contemplating heading over there if its worth while!? Thanks

Van B
04-04-2006, 05:55 PM
I went last year and was fairly unimpressed.

rocketman
04-04-2006, 06:29 PM
i havent been for acouple years used to be a decent show,the street machine nationals used to be fun when it was done in duquin il.

BADVELLE
04-05-2006, 05:51 AM
i havent been for acouple years used to be a decent show,the street machine nationals used to be fun when it was done in duquin il.

I second that, one heck of a show/party!!!

MarkM66
04-05-2006, 09:00 AM
I went last year and was fairly unimpressed.

I've heard that from a few people.

It's only about 2 hours from me, and I wouldn't go. Not real big on "open to any year" type shows either.

Pleanty of other good shows to go to.

rocketman
04-05-2006, 09:33 AM
go try it out,some guys like some dont.some guys wont go to a pre-48 only show either,such as the street rod nationals or most of the nsra stuff.try it have fun if it sucks dont go back.

tourings10style
04-05-2006, 06:54 PM
see that the thing....I have an 86 so goodguys and frog follies and all the really big known huge shows dont allow me to go. All of the guys I show with have newer than me. A lot of people see us as punk kids because we are early to mid 20s but we all grew up around show vehicles and have respect for the time and money that goes into them. So we would like to go to shows that have the old respectable vehicles but let the later than 67 vehicles in. I went to street machine in indy and in lima ohio both were awesome!

customcarpainter
04-06-2006, 02:11 AM
Whereabouts are you from?Don't know if Super Chevy still has an event in Indy or not.The track in St Louis usually has something during the year and there are always the small local type shows.

MarkM66
04-07-2006, 06:39 AM
You should try it then. It'll proabably be a good show for you since it's open to your year.

Indy does have a Super Chevy show still, sometime in July.

Gateway in St. Louis doesn't have any shows worth going to. Unless you're into NOPI.

tourings10style
04-08-2006, 09:36 PM
yeah we go to super chevy in indy every year. its the 2nd weekend in july, its a good show but its declined alot from years past...we might try this show and joilet super chevy as well! thanks for you input guys!