PDA

View Full Version : yeah i know another twin turbo camaro

quadfather
04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
here we go i'll finally post some photos of my project. i'm not exactly lightning fast on the keyboard, but here goes nothing. it's been going together for about a year now. and things have been going a little slowly on it , it's been busy at the shop, so my stuff gets worked on last. but now that racing season is getting under way and most of the new stuff is finished. i hope to find more time to work on it. here's a few shots. and there will be more photos on my website under the current construction section at www.markowracecars.com (http://www.markowracecars.com)

quadfather
04-04-2006, 02:49 PM
here's a few more of the chassis. enjoy.

Damn True
04-04-2006, 02:57 PM
:jawdrop: WOW:jawdrop:

DJW32
04-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Hot Damn!

Beegs
04-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Well I would not say this is "another" twin turbo camaro. That thing is sick!! Where are you in CT? Those are Bonspeeds right? (wheels) Did you have a hard time getting them?

Beegs
04-04-2006, 03:11 PM
New Britain CT. just saw it on your website.

bowtieguys
04-04-2006, 03:19 PM
That car is awesome:eek:

quadfather
04-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Well I would not say this is "another" twin turbo camaro. That thing is sick!! Where are you in CT? Those are Bonspeeds right? (wheels) Did you have a hard time getting them?

yes they are bonspeed deltas. i had no problem getting them. they came on-time and were very nice. 18x11 up front 18x13 in the rear. i may be selling the rears to go to a 19" since i can no longer get a 345 in 18"

colt zantop
04-04-2006, 03:57 PM
very bad a$$ so far..keep us updated!

JoshStratton
04-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Now THAT is awesome. How much original steel would you stay is still in that?

srh3trinity
04-04-2006, 05:08 PM
The floor plan, trans tunnel and all the interior metal looks great, it would almost be a shame to cover all of that nice custom metal work. The fab work on the turbo system is some of the best I've seen, you should fit right in around here.

kamaroman68
04-05-2006, 03:36 AM
Very nice work. Wish I had the talent to do that!!! One quick question as I am a newbie to this... I see a lot of custom cars with custom floor pans like yours and the driveshaft tunnel is so tall. Why do you guys make this so tall? Thanks Chris

Steve Chryssos
04-05-2006, 04:02 AM
I smell 200mph capability.

CAMAROBOY69
04-05-2006, 04:22 AM
I agree, this is definetly not just another TT Camaro. Very very impressive fabrication and build so far. Just sick!! What are the side marker lights from? What color are you planning for paint? There was one point where I was thinking of runnnig Audi or VW side lights and those look similar. I also like the exhaust set up thru the lower center of the car. Those are cool looking tips and you even had room for the license plate. More and more people will start running their exhaust thru the center of the car out the rear. :)

trapin
04-05-2006, 05:15 AM
That car is going to be bad ass. He brought more detailed pictures to the Autorama Dinner and we were just salivating over them. When you realize how much fabrication has gone into the undercarriage, you'll need to sit down for a few minutes and catch your breath. He's worked out something real "trick" for the rear exhaust openings. The car is basically the '69 Camaro version of Parson's II Much. Not only do I smell 200 mph...I smell PHR's next cover car.

18x11's up front? Does it get any more killer than that??!!!!

CAMAROBOY69
04-05-2006, 05:16 AM
He has pics of his exhaust openings on his site. I complimented it in my above post.

BB69
04-05-2006, 06:38 AM
Quad,
Good to see some more pics. I can't believe the progress you have made in a year. Are we going to see this car at next year's Autorama in Detroit?

Ken

trapin
04-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Oops...didn't see the link to his site. That's pretty much what he showed us. Awesome car.

TA219
04-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Very nice work. Wish I had the talent to do that!!! One quick question as I am a newbie to this... I see a lot of custom cars with custom floor pans like yours and the driveshaft tunnel is so tall. Why do you guys make this so tall? Thanks Chris

I am gonna guess that it is so he can drop the car LOW :seizure:

That frame is awesome!!! i agree with trapin, that undercarriage is a work of art!

quadfather
04-05-2006, 03:34 PM
ta219 is right the tunnel is that high because the floorpan is low. the driveline needs to have enough ground clearance. so the tunnel is just high enough to cover it and leave some room for the exhaust. those rear tips are one off handmade pieces . i got the idea from an slp c-5 exhaust. the side markers are from a ford dually. side fender lites . and they are sunk into pockets in the body so they are flush. the rear bumper has also been narrowed and sunk into pockets . i'll shave the door handles and the drip rails too . i'm gonna try to keep the sides of the cars as smooth as possible . also the rear valance has a small lip at the bottom that will continue to wrap along rockers. as for colors i have no idea's yet . im open to suggestions.

stealth71
04-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Looking good. What's in the motor/trans? Is this gonna be EFI or Dual Carb? Can't wait to see it finished.

quadfather
04-05-2006, 04:29 PM
efi it's a holley stealth ram that i''l be making a sheetmetal top for. trying to keep it under a stock cowl hood.

boodlefoof
04-06-2006, 10:07 AM
That thing is going to be pure sex on wheels. Gorgeous!

jigga99
04-06-2006, 01:34 PM
wow thats alot of work put into that nice job!

LS1NOVA
04-06-2006, 05:15 PM
HOLY CRAP! Nice work!

speedster
04-06-2006, 06:29 PM
That thing is over the top. Extremely well engineered.

carbuff
04-09-2006, 06:44 PM
I have a quick question for you...

Looking at your pics (quite impressive work, btw), I'm wondering how you will support your pedals on the firewall? I don't see a cross tube in the area, and I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the sheetmetal that you used won't be enough alone.

Thanx, and good luck with the project.
Bryan

quadfather
04-10-2006, 03:02 PM
I have a quick question for you...

Looking at your pics (quite impressive work, btw), I'm wondering how you will support your pedals on the firewall? I don't see a cross tube in the area, and I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the sheetmetal that you used won't be enough alone.

Bryan

there is a cross tube of the roll-cage right below the windshied and above the tunnel . check the photo again . i'm going to mount off that and mount the master cyl inside either facing backwards or sideways with a bellcrank. depending on what clears the dash best. that way the firewall is clean. nothing in the engine compartment but engine!

carbuff
04-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Gotcha... I saw that bar, but it seems really high relative to the floor to mount the pedals on. I guess it's just the picture though.

The smooth firewall is going to look nice!

Bryan

sunkistcamaro
04-12-2006, 05:04 AM
GREAT JOB MARK!!
Please let me know if you take it out to the track, I'd love to see that tare up the asphalt!

P.s. the C5 brakes are working great!
Thanks again
Bill