PDA

View Full Version : Autofab Race Cars Tubular Control Arms

AutoFabRaceCars
04-04-2006, 01:55 PM
$799.99!!!!!FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!! (MILD STEEL ROD ENDS)

$899.99!!!!!FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!! (CHROME-MOLY ROD ENDS)
Autofab Race Cars Direct Bolt-on Tubular Control Arms

Applications:

1967 - 1969 Camaro

1967 - 1969 Firebird

1964 - 1972 Chevelle

1968 - 1974 Nova

1970 - 1981 Camaro (Coming Soon)

1970 - 1981 Firebird (Coming Soon)

1978 - 1988 G-Body (Coming Soon)

These are the best Camaro / Firebird / Nova / Chevelle control arms on the market!!

We have found and fixed our competitors geometry problems to provide you with the best product on the market.

Professionally TIG welded and made out of Chrome-moly!! Unlike our competitors over priced mild steel and MIG welded imitations. Pay less and get the best!!

Chrome-Moly, 100% TIG Welded Design with Billet Aluminum Cross Shafts.
Designed to Replace Stock Control Arms with No Modifications.
Reduces Weight by up to 15lbs Per Side.

3 different lowers available to fit your spring type: Stock, QA1 PRO-Coil System, and all other coil over (Strange, Santuff, etc.)
Uppers Come with Limiters in Place to Control Front Suspension Travel.

Designed for Drag Race Applications Where Spindle Caster Can Range from 0 to 10 Degrees.

The control arms are not bushing mounted they are the rod end mounted. The upper rod ends have a static load of 16,238lbs. The lower rod ends have a static load rating of 17,955lbs.

Rod end mounted version allow for extreme alignment adjustabity and eliminate the need for factory style alignment shims.

Comparable Control Arms sell for $1050.00 and have been proven to be unsymetrical on jigs.

For the QA1 GMP coil-over conversion style control arms, we have designed a kit to use a coil-over style bearing in the bottom of the shock instead of the standard t-bar to greatly increase strength and ease of installation.

Our Control Arms have approximately 6* of built in caster.

These Control Arms are built strong enough for the street but for liability reasons are only recommended for Drag Racing use.

Includes: 2 Upper Control Arms, 2 Lower Control Arms, Assembled with Balljoints and Control Arm Bushings, and 2 Limiter Bolts.

We ship within 24 hrs from the time that you purchase your items! We stand behind our products and handle each transaction on an individual basis. Making sure you, the customer, get exactly what you need, when you need it, and at the lowest price possible!

If you have any questions with your car please feel free to e-mail or call us and talk to one of our highly trained customer support technicians.

We do not mark up our shipping like our competitors!!!

We offer the best deals on Afco, ARP, Competition Engineering, East Coast Auto Electric, Flaming River, Hoosier, Jaz, K&R (electronics), Mac Performance Parts, Magna Fuel, Milspec, M&R Safety, Moroso, Moser, Pro Comp, QA1, RJS, Royal Purple, Strange Engineering, Wilwood, and many others. We also have a full line of chassis tabs, stainless steel line, hard fittings, and hose ends at unbeatable pricing!!!

Damn True
04-04-2006, 01:56 PM
It's great that you have a total of 10 posts and every one of them is promotional. Thanks for contributing to the site. [/sarcasm off]

Mean 69
04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
So, basically what you are saying is that you bought/acquired all of your competitor's products, reverse engineered them, and now are claiming that your stuff is the best/most innovative? Wow, that's novel. Where can I send my credit card info?

Do I get a set if Ginsu knives with that, or do I have to wait for the deal on late night TV?

Mark
(otherwise known as an innovative developer of suspension components, as in our "own design.").

Flight396
04-04-2006, 06:35 PM
:rotfl:

chicane67
04-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Who's control arms sell for $1050 ??

.........And who drag races anymore ??

Stu Seitz
04-04-2006, 10:04 PM
These are the best Camaro / Firebird / Nova / Chevelle control arms on the market!!

Got any real proof other then, OmG!!!!11!!! these are tIg welded!!!!!!!

Track times? Mabye run these through a suspension analyzer?

These Control Arms are built strong enough for the street but for liability reasons are only recommended for Drag Racing use.

So let me get this strait Your advertising on a pro-touring/g-machine site (cars that want to improve cornering capabilities) while also stating these are the best control arms on the market and have the best geometry, yet they are only good for drag racing. Wow you should really rethink your marketing strategy.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/04/HPIM0466-1.jpg

Sue
04-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Wait, this isn't a shameless plug for pawning off your own garbage is it!? Congratulations on the solid marketing strategy, hope it works out for you.

Hope you pick up on the sarcasm, I'm laying it on pretty thick.

silver69camaro
04-05-2006, 05:07 AM

That's like advertising "Our lawyers and engineers say you can't use it for this purpose, but it'll work anyway".

That's a lawsuit waiting to happen. You gotta be more careful in the suspension/chassis business.

CaddyOn20S
04-05-2006, 05:44 AM
I got em, I love em,

Dont see why you guys on here are acting like 5 year olds. I would give them a chance atleast. I drive mine on the street but i see no problem in the ability to hold up on an everyday driver.

chicane67
04-05-2006, 08:32 PM
:hah:

I got em, I love em,

Dont see why you guys on here are acting like 5 year olds. I would give them a chance atleast. I drive mine on the street but i see no problem in the ability to hold up on an everyday driver.

****Before you go and get your panties in a bunch, take this with a good dose of reality and the humor that it merits.****

Take a real good look at the above picture..... and tell me why we wouldnt (or should not) question this product ??

As a daily driver ?? Uhhh.... no. As a 1320 car with pizza cutters and the mentality of "I better not push it, because I'd like to survive".... maybe. For street rod that is going to be cruzed with 20's on it, quite possibly.....

Not to mention the product commentary that has no emperical data to back up the rediculous accusations that are made.

"best on the market" - "competitors geometry problems" - "mild steel and MIG welded imitations" -

Those are HUGE statements to bring to a crowd of suspension savy individuals.

1.) I'll take DOM over chrome-Moly for a control arm ANYDAY.

2.) Would'nt even think about using aluminum for cross shafts.

3.) I dont care if a rod end has a static load rating of 17,955.2634852 lbs, if the shock/coilover mounts are going to fail and snap off at 6,000 lbs.

Besides........ welding chrome-moly correctly, as not to induce embrittelment........ wasnt stated. But "My competitors dont have a clue" was.....

[Jerry Meguire/on] !! SHOW ME THE KINEMATICS !!

David Pozzi
04-05-2006, 09:40 PM
They look unsafe.
Stock upper and lower arms for a Camaro weigh about 10 lbs each, = 20 lbs total, so both upper and lower arms shown must weigh 2.5 lbs each?

jamesg602
04-05-2006, 09:55 PM
I got em, I love em,

Just curious,:ssst: what kind of car you have these control arms on and what kind of driving do you do???

Chevy350
04-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Hmmm, that's strange... Both AutoFabRaceCars and CaddyOn20S registered March 17th, and write on the forum at the same times (March 17th, and April 4/5th). Coincidence?

Mean 69
04-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Good catch!

Let the buyer beware, eh?
M

Damn True
04-06-2006, 08:23 AM
This concerns me: "These Control Arms are built strong enough for the street but for liability reasons are only recommended for Drag Racing use."

So they are ok on a car that does wheelies, accelerates from 0-200 in 7seconds and back to 0 nearly as fast. But not ok for the street? Could you explain that for me please.

I too am interested to know who's arms you tested, which "geometry problems" you discovered, and what you did to correct the issues.

Keep in mind, nobody is saying you or your product are bad. But you've jumped out of the box with some pretty fantastic claims. This group is not your run of the mill bunch of knuckleheads that pays other people to build their cars (ok, maybe we have a few of those). The people here are sharp enough to tell the difference between penicillin and snake oil. If you are going to say your product is good, you gotta tell us why. Don't just ask us to take you at your word.

Ball is in your court.

Steve1968LS2
04-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Hmmm, that's strange... Both AutoFabRaceCars and CaddyOn20S registeren March 17th, and write on the forum at the same times (March 17th, and April 4th). Coincidence?

Bet the IP's are the same as well... Gotta love the interweb..

Bill Howell
04-06-2006, 08:49 AM
$799.99!!!!!FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!! (MILD STEEL ROD ENDS)

$899.99!!!!!FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!! (CHROME-MOLY ROD ENDS)
Autofab Race Cars Direct Bolt-on Tubular Control Arms

Designed for Drag Race Applications Where Spindle Caster Can Range from 0 to 10 Degrees.

I will keep these in mind next time I build a drag car, however, I am not sure Protouring cars will fare well with these since by your own admission they are not recommended for street use.

Stu Seitz
04-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Just be glad this isn't CC.com

baz67
04-06-2006, 01:06 PM
We try to keep it CC light by trying to having sponsors support thier claims w/o all of the bashing and piling on. However fun that can be, it can be counterproductive.

Mkelcy
04-06-2006, 03:05 PM
We try to keep it CC light by trying to having sponsors support thier claims w/o all of the bashing and piling on. However fun that can be, it can be counterproductive.
I'm not sure if this is intended to get folks to moderate their comments about the AutoFab posting.

If it is, the effort seems contrary to the search for hard facts that otherwise characterizes this board. Said another way, if sponsoring the site buys immunity from close scrutiny of pretty drastic advertising claims, I think the site quickly loses a great deal of its usefulness and credibility.

Damn True
04-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Bet the IP's are the same as well... Gotta love the interweb..

....and all 5 of Caddy's posts are in threads about auto-fab.

Bill Howell
04-06-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure if this is intended to get folks to moderate their comments about the AutoFab posting.

If it is, the effort seems contrary to the search for hard facts that otherwise characterizes this board. Said another way, if sponsoring the site buys immunity from close scrutiny of pretty drastic advertising claims, I think the site quickly loses a great deal of its usefulness and credibility.

Don't think that Mkelcy. We all want the facts here, even if they hurt. In fact this thread was reopened by the powers that be just so we could get the facts. Sponsorship takes a back seat to truth. If it did not, this thread would have dissappeared a long time ago. Bashing never has been allowed and will not start now, however there is a major difference between bashing and true fact finding. I have not seen any questions asked yet that I thought were out of line. I, like others, are now waiting on the answers.

Mkelcy
04-06-2006, 03:20 PM
We all want the facts here, even if they hurt. In fact this thread was reopened by the powers that be just so we could get the facts. Sponsorship takes a back seat to trueth.
Glad to hear it.

Steve1968LS2
04-06-2006, 03:28 PM

I think he was just suggesting not to be overly rude or "a-hole'ish".. Hence the CC-light comment. NOT that people shouldn't call out pie-in-the-sky claims and ask for proof to back up wild promises.

Did that make sense?

Mkelcy
04-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I think he was just suggesting not to be overly rude or "a-hole'ish"?

I ALWAYS try to be appropriately rude and "a-hole'ish."

Moose
04-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Don't have there products, but I will say that autofab is one is one of the best fabs shop in the Maryland Area. Pretty decent guys that work there, and they built a badass 70 nova that lives near me (pro-touring)

Back to my corner before I get rundown:drive: :drive1:

lol

chicane67
04-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I ALWAYS try to be appropriately rude and "a-hole'ish."

Hey wait.... dam-it.... thats my line.

Just curious,:ssst: what kind of car you have these control arms on and what kind of driving do you do???

....a caddie with 20's maybe ?? I dunno, I am just pulling at straws here.

bret
04-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I can see it now...Autofab hired a new marketing guru from the weight loss or penis enlargement industry...they tried to impress their boss the first day out...their boss will respond appropriately in a couple of weeks when he recovers from his stroke.

TitoJones
04-09-2006, 12:04 AM
their boss will respond appropriately in a couple of weeks when he recovers from his stroke.

Maybe he can get his advertising dollars back from Larry, because he isn't going to do well here.

Tyler