PDA

View Full Version : pics, Pics, PICS!!!!!!

Zefhix
10-11-2004, 03:28 PM
:seizure:
Our 1970 Chevelle

I couldn't take it anymore. There are still some minor touchups but this is the lastest to brew at the Kris Horton (http://www.carsbykris.com) factory. Huge thanks to him and his talents.
TBI LS6 454/4L60E
13" /C-5 calipers up front, 12" /Camaro LS1s in the rear
C5 Vette Gunmetal Rims 17x8.5 front/18x9.5 rear

That's all I'm spilling for now but there's much, much more.
The wesite will be down for the next two weeks while it's rennovated to accomodate the pics and reflect the new direction the car is taking. Car is coming together nicely but more details will be available shortly. We aim to have the car finished by April.

What do you guys think? (yes, the photos are in color :) )
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Kenova
10-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Looks...........sinister! :evil:
Cool
Ken

Ralph LoGrasso
10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Looks mean!! Very stealthy.

colt zantop
10-11-2004, 03:43 PM
man that looks sweeeeet!

jonny51
10-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Something a bit different, I like it!

68LSS1
10-11-2004, 04:51 PM
That would be wicked at night with Halo headlights. Looks great.

protouring70
10-11-2004, 04:54 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Man that is killer! I really like the exhaust tips coming through the tail pan! Great job!
Brent
:jump:

Zefhix
10-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the compliments! I'm hoping the car is well recieved but I'm sure it will be. I was contemplating a halo-system but it would be too "bling" for the rest of the very intentionally understated car. The headlights have a polished aluminumn ring that clamps around them that the headlight springs attach to holding them in place when you make adjustments. The pic shows them against the headlight bezels that are black prisma-chromed. That's it...nothing too spectacular. Wanted to keep them polished to match the accents on the grill and tailpipes. :cool:

Brent- your SS dash is going to a good home! Thanks.

Steve Chryssos
10-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Very nice. One could almost mistake it for that new 2000-something Chevelle.
/Steevo

zbugger
10-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Is it done yet? I want to go for a ride!!!!!!

Zefhix
10-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Is it done yet? I want to go for a ride!!!!!!

haha! You and me both!!! Tell you what Allen, get that job at PHR and I'll let you drive it as soon as it's done!!! :bananna2:

BlazerSpeed
10-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Good Lord!!! that is by far the single most sinister looking Chevelle i have ever seen. I gotta agree though, Halos would really turn up the "Don't F**k with Daddy" look. what size tires you plan on running on that beast?
DEREK

TitoJones
10-12-2004, 04:06 AM
I have one suggestion-

Headlamps from a BMW 5 series, AKA the 'angel eyes'. That would look great with the rest of the car.

Tyler

Kenova
10-12-2004, 04:57 AM
Yep.......If Darth Vader had a car, this would be it.
On the subject of headlights, I'm not familliar with the Halos. (I lead a shelterd life) Does anybody have a picture or a link?
Ken

in2protour
10-12-2004, 05:54 AM
wow, stealthy car. can't wait to see the car completed! Keep us informed on the progress.

F70t/a
10-12-2004, 07:03 AM
That looks great!!!! Are you gonna flush mount the windows?

Zefhix
10-12-2004, 08:44 AM
All great questions!!!
Tyler- I've entertained the thought more and more BUT I was out at the track last week and more than a few of the acuras/hondas had some kit on their cars to mimic the angel eyes. Since that, I have the dreaded ricer-association bad taste in my mouth from it! I trying to steer clear of the bling. If I could find a way to do it tastefully, I might consider it. Maybe I'll see you soon and we can see what happens. :cool:

Derek- the rear 18 rims are 9.5s so I'm only squeezing 295s back there (and even thats a push) The front 17s are 8.5 and I'm putting 255s on it. I have both the tires selected already so that the sidewall measurement is equal front and back (within .07 of an inch; not bad, eh?) :headbang:

Dave- Maybe. On the 70 Chevelle, the base of the windshield is covered/supported by a ploished aluminumn strip that spans across the entire base of the contour of the windshield in the cowl area. Flushing and maintaining that piece/look would be challenging. We just bolted the blasted, POR15ed frame back up to the car last week and I want to finish the drivetrain mockup and rearend before with continue with the bodywork (rear is already completely shaved of trunk lock and side reflecters) So I'm not sure but leaning more on the "probably not" side.
:)

BlazerSpeed
10-12-2004, 11:49 AM
personally I've always thought the halo, or angel eye, kits have looked cool. My buddy did them on his all black Tahoe, and damn do they look good. All the halo really is is a set of LEDs placed on opposite ends of a clear peice of round plastic. You can wire them to be always on, as driving lights, or as your day time runners. I was going to put a knockoff set in Monsoon, but im still not sure if I like the idea of a non-circular light ring. I'm kinda suprised that more of you guys with camaros havent done this swap, but then again, im not most of you :pat:

here is a link to both the basic round versions and the ones i was going to use.
DEREK

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/1251/CategoryID/25/SubCategoryID/181

gEtyOpAPiOn
10-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Now Thats One Sick Mo Fo ....whats The Price Tag On That Look ? Lol I Want One Hehe

Steve1968LS2
10-12-2004, 07:39 PM
I like it.. it just screams "im gonna kick your a$$" :)

Very nice!! :cool:

jannes_z-28
10-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Just adding to what everybody says. It really look mean.

Hope you put in some mean power too, withthat look it has tomake a mean noise.

Jan

Zefhix
10-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Thank you everyone for the compliments; I was admittedly nervous about how the car would be recieved and it's been better than I could have hoped. Your guys' reaction is exactly what I was going for. I want the car to look unpredictable but handle anything but! Thanks for the support.
The engine is a LS6 454, fresh from the machine shop and de-burred courtesy of Kris Horton and his father. I got very lucky and the timing was just right on the purchase (thanks Kris). I'm changing the cam and milling the heads a tiny bit in hopes of 450-500 N/A RWHP. It's tubing through some borla mufflers and (of course) electric cutouts. I was going to install an alarm but I just might wire the vibration sensor to the remote starter with the electric cutouts open (wouldn't that be great to catch on tape)!!!! But, believe it or not, the car is going to carve and shift as good as it looks. Things are in the works and I hope to be able to show off some proprietary systems when the car is completed. I'm on fire right now and the car's assembly is in full gear.
I'm really so very excited!!!! :seizure:

CAMAROBOY69
10-13-2004, 03:48 AM
That is a very agressive look and I like it! I also like the exhaust idea. Get a pic of the car with the moon behind it and some light glaring down and it would be... :evil: :evil: