PDA

View Full Version : American Brake & Steering master cylinder

TT402LS1
04-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Anyone seen or use the "new" master cylinder from American Brake & Steering (ABS) ?? PN 10-59. I seen it in the may 06 Super Chevy. It looks like a nice billet master cylinder but, its also has a 12 volt eletric booster and portional valve all built in. Looks trick, but how well does it work????

JimM
04-07-2006, 08:27 PM
I saw that too, real interesting.
I need to upgrade my brakes, and I flat hate the look of that giant vac booster, would rather go manual. Prob is, if I use pbr calipers, a master that will work manual is a problem. And I ain't got a hydroboost budget. The electric seems tasty, and itsa sweet lookin piece, too.

Anyone with experience or info on it?

SoCal69
04-07-2006, 08:42 PM
I have that setup on mine.It works great. Best brakes I've had in a looooong time. They have a nice feel to them like you have more control. VERY powerful and balanced. We put a set on a pro-street '68 Camaro and he doesn't miss the first turnout at the track anymore.

JimM
04-08-2006, 06:15 AM
here's the info page.
http://www.abspowerbrake.com/ElectricHPpage.html

What I don't see is where to buy one and how many denero??

JimM
04-08-2006, 06:18 AM
OUCH! Found price list on website, they show $1200 list!!!
Back to the drawing board I guess...

tbair
04-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Im looking at the same set up I called yesterday to find out a price they said 950.00 but he also said he could let it go a little cheaper.maybe we could get a group buy? tim

Hydratech®
04-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Be advised that these systems are essentially spin offs of the '86-'87 Grand National PowerMaster systems... (ask the GN guys what they think of this type of system)

Having made that statement, I also need to state that we send many customers to American Brake and Steering when one of our systems cannot be installed (per clearance reasons or no existing power steering system to tap into).