PDA

View Full Version : LT1 injector connector height?

69lt4
10-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Can someone with an LT1/LT4 let me know height of the injector connector is from the injector when installed? I'm looking to cover them, but don't know how far I need to be from the injector. ( I don't have a harness)
Any help is appreciated.
Kevin

lt4malibu
10-11-2004, 01:20 PM
what are you going to cover them with? do you want the total height from where it sits in the intake?

nancejd
10-11-2004, 05:05 PM
The connector itself doesn't add much height to the plug on the injector, it might be a 1/4".

69lt4
10-11-2004, 06:50 PM
lt4malibu - I'm looking at building an air induction system using the cowl hood on my 69 camaro. Off the induction system was going to be a piece covering the injectors like the corvette/camaro injector covers. Just needed to know the height of the injector with the connector plugged in. Looking at pictures it seems to all most the same height as the rail.
nancejd - thanks. I have over a 1/4" spacing.

Kevin

nancejd
10-11-2004, 06:53 PM
If you leave space for the wire coming out of the plug, I think that being level with the top of the fuel rail/plenum would leave you plenty of room.

lt4malibu
10-18-2004, 01:15 PM
lt4malibu - I'm looking at building an air induction system using the cowl hood on my 69 camaro. Off the induction system was going to be a piece covering the injectors like the corvette/camaro injector covers. Just needed to know the height of the injector with the connector plugged in. Looking at pictures it seems to all most the same height as the rail.
nancejd - thanks. I have over a 1/4" spacing.

Kevin

i was actually thinking of making one like that too for the cowl hood on the malibu, kinda like the SS camaros in 1997 that had the plastic airbox mounted to the intake, but im not sure if im gonna keep the cowl hood it, or go to a stock hood for more of a sleeper look.