PDA

View Full Version : Looking for muffler - inlet/outlet same end...

SHANE 73Z
03-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey all,

I am thinking about doing a new exhaust this year. I want to run a 2 1/2" x-pipe into a 2 1/2" inlet/outlet same end then a side exit in front of the tires (think Cuda AAR).

My question is:

Who makes what I am looking for?

The only ones I can seem to find so far are by Spintech. I do remember that Hooker made the Aerochamber in this config but it seems to be discontinued (not available thru Jegs or Summit) which I am trying to confirm. I read an article about a Mustang running Bassanis, but cant find them anywhere on their (crappy) website. I have also checked on repro Mopar mufflers like this but the cases are monstrous.

Thanks in advance,
Shane

Tom Welch
03-29-2006, 05:42 PM
What about C5 mufflers, Aren't they designed with inlet and outlet on the same side? As far as pipe diameter goes any competent muffler shop can fit them to a 2 1/2" pipe.

rocketman
03-29-2006, 07:20 PM
flowmaster does have checked out there website,or borla

Fluid Power
03-29-2006, 07:20 PM
these guys will build anything you want/need and are very resonable. It is a nice family run shop.

http://www.stainless-specialties.com/

I needed really thin mufflers (car is looow) and they made them for me in about 3 days. If I remember, they were about 160 bucks each, made from stainless, to my specs!

Darren

SHANE 73Z
03-30-2006, 06:40 AM
What about C5 mufflers, Aren't they designed with inlet and outlet on the same side? As far as pipe diameter goes any competent muffler shop can fit them to a 2 1/2" pipe.

Hey Tom,

Actually Lowend on the NastyZ28 site mentioned the same thing. The Hooker Aerochambers that I was looking at that I cant find anywhere are the ones included in their C5 kit (also 2 1/2" in/out). So that is where I am starting. Also depending on the manufacturer some of the C5 stuff I have seen has the 2 1/2" inlet but has small dual outlets for the 4 tips.

I am trying to get away from the 40 series Flowmasters currently on the car, as they drone something fierce at idle.

Darren,

That company you mentioned has some nice stuff and they arent far away to boot.

Thanks again everyone,
Shane

Jagarang
03-30-2006, 12:35 PM
doesn't spintech also have that sorta deal?

PeteRR
03-30-2006, 04:12 PM
doesn't spintech also have that sorta deal?
Yep. I'm running a pair of their DSC side exit mufflers along with a Dr. Gas x-pipe. 3" diameter from headers to tailpipes.

Here's the mockup before I installed it:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

SHANE 73Z
03-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Yep. I'm running a pair of their DSC side exit mufflers along with a Dr. Gas x-pipe. 3" diameter from headers to tailpipes.

Hey Pete,

What do you think of the sound level??? I am really unconcerned with the high RPM sound level, but I am trying to get rid of some resonating that I get with my 40 Flows at idle.

I see that Spintech has a couple different varieties available now and was wondering if you get any of the above mentioned drone.

Thanks,
Shane

PeteRR
03-31-2006, 09:29 AM
Spintechs don't have the notorious resonance like Dronemasters. I like the sound. The car rumbles at idle and howls at WOT.