PDA

View Full Version : art forum for g-machine renderings?

autoartist
03-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi

Can we have an art forum for g-machine renderings?

Thanks

Ralph LoGrasso
03-29-2006, 12:02 PM
We're always open to suggestions, but I'm not sure how much of a demand there would be for such a forum. The multimedia forum currently serves that function. If the amount of renderings posted greatly increases, we would be happy to create a separate forum or subforum for them, but for now the forum would be too scarcely used to justify it.

autoartist
03-30-2006, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I understand

Diognes56
08-17-2006, 07:53 AM
A bit late and all, but I just wanted to second this motion.:poke:

David

Colvindesign
08-20-2006, 10:52 AM
I would like to support the suggestion. I have not posted any artwork in the Multi-media because it seems to be more about model cars and videos. I think a Designers section would give a lot of the builders here access to a lot of talent on the board.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Does anyone else want to see this forum added, or would anyone oppose such a forum?

Hidro
08-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Sounds cool! , but then again you could just post in PT garage?

What do these car renderings cost on average?:hmm:

DarkBuddha
08-20-2006, 09:06 PM
I would like to support the suggestion. I have not posted any artwork in the Multi-media because it seems to be more about model cars and videos. I think a Designers section would give a lot of the builders here access to a lot of talent on the board.
Model cars? I think I've seen maybe 2 model car posts in the multi-media forum in the 2 years I've been posting here. I will admit that there seems to be a number of vid posts, but there are plenty of designer/photochop/artwork/etc. type posts there as well. In fact, as of my writing this post, nearly half of the posts on the first page of that forum are photochop/desiner/artwork posts.

Now that said, I think a separate forum for artwork/designers/photochops/etc. would be a good idea.

TonyL
08-20-2006, 09:16 PM
I'd be for a photoshop/rendering sub forum. That seems to be 80 percent or so of the "multimedia" requests we get. It be a cool way of consolidating the images we create.

hdesign
08-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Sounds like a cool idea.

Ed, PM sent.

Damn True
08-22-2006, 01:32 PM
I think a sub-forum or two within the multimedia forum would suffice.

One for renderings one for photoshop requests.

autoartist
09-21-2006, 12:20 PM
I think a sub-forum or two within the multimedia forum would suffice.

One for renderings one for photoshop requests.

That sounds good and perhaps a description/subtitles for art/renderings in the Multimedia title.

Multimedia (https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12): Art, Photography, Photoshop, Videos, (6 Viewing)
-Have a pro-touring related video to post? Need image editing (e.g., Adobe Photoshop) assistance, or want to show off some art renderings, new pictures, sound clips, or videos of your car? Post it here.

I think just throwing all visual art (photography, photoshop, art) into one sub forum would be good and having videos in a separate sub forum.

Just my thoughts
Thanks

Ralph LoGrasso
09-21-2006, 02:24 PM
I think what we will do is make a subforum for videos as that seems to be the least posted item on the list, with photoshop being number one. I just went through the first two pages of the Multimedia forum and found only 7 videos out of about 50 threads. I think a subforum for videos would suffice all needs in this thread. All visual art sans videos would be in one forum (the multimedia forum as it now stands), videos in the subforum. Thoughts?

hdesign
09-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Sounds good. I agree, I don't think we should over categorize the threads. One for videos, one for photoshop work and traditional renderings is probably fine. I like the idea of having a sticky with photoshop tips/tutorials and then maybe a add a sticky listing the links to designers websites to look at portfolios. Just my $.02