PDA

View Full Version : I got to check with the wife?????

Milow68
10-10-2004, 09:19 PM
What does that mean?
I went and looked at a 69 camaro convertible in very rough shape and got the guys number. The car is sitting behind a shed and doesn't have much for truck pans left or floor pans. I called the guy and we talked for a while and he wanted me to name a price, but I didn't because a lot of parts weren't on the car that make it worth more depend on there condition. The guy said "I have to check with the wife!"
I am not married so what does this mean? Or is there a better person to put the pressure on?
He has owned the car for over twenty years. And I don't think he understand that the metal work alone could run him over 10K.
I would like to hear what you guys think on this one. The guy that is storing it for him not really wanting to store it anymore.

Brad

68LSS1
10-10-2004, 11:15 PM
I don't know. Ask my wife. :)

Ralph LoGrasso
10-11-2004, 12:59 AM
I don't know. Ask my wife. :)
:lmao: :lol:

I think it's along the same line as "Someone is already interested in the car, so I can't go that low" Or, "I had someone look at it today, and I'm waiting for them to get back to me". It's the old car sale game. Ya know, the old good cop bad cop game. He can try and play the nice guy and say his wife won't let him sell it for that low. He's probably just feeling you out seeing how high you're willing to bid for the car. Then again, I could be totally wrong, maybe the guy is really being sincere, and does need to check with his wife.

zbugger
10-11-2004, 11:55 AM
You never know. It could also mean that the guy is whipped.....

Bill Howell
10-11-2004, 07:10 PM
In my experiance it means one of two things. Either he did not have the b***s to give you a straight answer and was using his wife as an excuse are else he did not have the b***s to tell her how it is. Either way he ain't much of a man. :wedgie:

dennis68
10-11-2004, 08:29 PM
You would have to married to understand. It is much easier to discuss things and let her "be a part of decisions" then to be miserable all the time.

Matt@RFR
10-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Mr. Howell,

All I can say is,with an attitude like that, BOY do I feel sorry for your wife.

Bill Howell
10-12-2004, 08:55 AM
I came across too strong about telling her "how it is". My point was that this guy probably had not even talked to his wife about the car. If he had and knew what they wanted to pay for the car he should have been a man and just said no thank you. After I read my post I realized it made me sound like an ass. Believe me,not much gets bought around here that Melinda does not know about and agree with. In fact, she usually gives me the money to buy it with. I admit freely that I have one of those special ones that lets me play hard and gives plenty space. Like some of the other replys, she does not pretend to like every hobby I have and does not expect me to like hers either. Sorry that I came across too strong.