PDA

View Full Version : Engine sits a little to the PASS side

toofun
03-27-2006, 03:55 AM
Dropped the motor 383 and new TKO tranny in the 69 yesterday and ran into something I never encountered before. The motor is sitting perfect on the motor mounts but when you look at it, it looks like it is tilted slightly to the pass side. When I put a level on the intake it confirmed that the motor is leaning about 3 degrees to the pass side. It does not seem noticable to others but I can notice it. The mounts appear to be fine and when I went to connect the tranny to the cross member underdneath, it was a perfect fit,not cocked at all!! Also checked the levelness of the car just to rule out an optical illusion and the car is level side to side. Is this acceptable??

rocketman
03-27-2006, 10:03 AM
the only thing i could think of is mixed mounts,like bb/sb mounts.i dont think there's a differnce in them.

87SS
03-27-2006, 02:57 PM
either A. the engine isnt sitting perfect on the mounts or B. the mounts aren't correct or C. the frame is torqued up on the drivers side.

Whistle Pig
04-04-2006, 07:23 AM
I just changed the mounts on the frame from small block to big , the drivers side mount is about 1/4 in taller. could this be an influance?