PDA

View Full Version : Front sta-bar help

dennis68
10-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Rather than try and explain what is going on I built a page to show it. After swapping to tall spindles and C5 brakes my sta-bar will not fit (not that it didn't rub a little before). Please have a look (http://www.jackazzmotorsports.com/help.html) and tell me what you think. I figure Tom or David for sure have run into this before. Any suggestions welcome, it just doesn't handle right with it disconnected. How about the Speedway bar, would that be a better way to about fixing this?

indyjps
10-10-2004, 03:33 PM
sorry to high jack thread, ive been looking for dimensions on the taller spindles. i know its probably been covered elsewhere but i havent been able to find it.

dennis68
10-10-2004, 04:54 PM
What dimensions do you want? Ball joint to ball joint?

derekf
10-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Dennis,

I'm not positive what's going on from looking at the page.

It looks like you can't go with a shorter sway bar endlink because you'll hit the tie rod, and you can't go longer because you'll hit the frame.

I went out and looked at my elky, my sway bar looks like yours but it looks like I've got ~3/4" side clearance from the frame - I'm sure you've verified that your sway bar is indeed centered.

dennis68
10-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks Derek, yeah it is centered. Having the same problem on the other side. It would look alot different than yours because I am running a Z28 bar and tall spindles (they relocate the steering linkage). You have reasoned correctly though, kind of stuck between the 2 components.