PDA

View Full Version : Window sill trim removal?

Damn True
03-24-2006, 11:20 PM
I have the stainless trim that is at the top of the door. The one that wraps over from outside to right up next to the window felt. How is it retained? How do I remove it?

redss86
03-27-2006, 05:53 AM
I am guessing you are referring to a first gen? If so there should be some screw on the inside holding it on. You will probably have to unbolt the glass from the regulator and lower it down further in the door. I don't think you can get to the screws in center w/o lowering the glass. Once you remove the screws, you should be able to pull it up off the door. Just becareful when reinstalling , especially on new paint as you will likely scratch the paint where it slides down. In other words if you push it down too far then you will have scratches visible below it.

Be careful and good luck,
Joe

Damn True
03-27-2006, 08:14 AM
I am removing it completely. If there are any holes, I'll weld them closed.

Thanks

redss86
03-28-2006, 05:29 AM
If you are removing them completely, what are you using for an outer window felt? You are still going to need somethin out there, and you could reuse the holes to mount the new felt. There shouldn't be any holes under the mldg on the outside of the door.

Damn True
03-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh, so the hardware that holds the felt also holds the trim? I see. Thanks, that's a few less holes to weld up. I'd like to find the retard that riveted on the door-ding trim on the side of the car and give him a:machine: :box: :slap: :wedgie:

redss86
03-30-2006, 05:20 AM
They drill holes through the edge of the door and rivited the cheap stick on door trim? :hand: That sucks to here. I don't know that I would weld the holes from the trim up, because you will still have to put some kind of window felt on there. I would try to reuse the holes to mount the new felts.

Good luck,
Joe

Damn True
03-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah I won't weld up the felt holder-downer holes.

Yeah, the drilled right into the crease that runs the length of the car. Nice easy place to get smooth and striaght. Geez!

Travis B
03-31-2006, 07:08 AM
:machine: :box: :slap: :wedgie:

:lol: How do you really feel about the guy....LOL

redss86
03-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Yeah I won't weld up the felt holder-downer holes.

Yeah, the drilled right into the crease that runs the length of the car. Nice easy place to get smooth and striaght. Geez!

Damn that really sucks. Good luck w/ it.

Joe

Damn True
03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
:lol: How do you really feel about the guy....LOL

My grandfather (bless his heart) used to take the car to "a friend" to get it worked on. The more I dig into this thing the more I am coming to the conclusion that that guy was a COMPLETE RETARD. Not to mention a freakin crook.