PDA

View Full Version : Just Beat me to Death With a QA1

1Fine69
03-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Long story short....i got my car and it had the qa1 coil overs. with 800 miles the passenger side shock went. We sent it out to be refurbished by simply suspension. While overhaulin the suspension we put it back in. When taking the drop spindles off and putting stock ones back on i see that the passenger one is leaking again. And now for some real wacky s%#$!. I look at the top of the shaft of the driver side, where you put the nut on top to sock it down...and the threads are totally stripped. Now wouldnt qa1 make it so the shaft is stronger than a the nut so that if somethign does get stripped, its the nut not the shock shaft!!!! So i have now had 3 bad shocks from qua1 and im done with them. i dont know if anyone else has had problms liek this with their company but i know their policy is not very good. They wouldnt replace a shock with 800 miles on it because it was2 years old. What are you going to do? im not dealing with anymore so i need suggestions for shock types. I went to koni so far but they make nothing for my application. Im not going with strange because thier casings are qa1. Me and pops thoguht the shockwave air ride would be really kool but im not sure what the best way to go is. It doesnt matter if its coil over or air ride but i jsut want the best i can get. Leave some suggestions. Thanks

Steve Chryssos
03-24-2006, 07:05 AM
I never had any problems with my QA-1's

1Fine69
03-24-2006, 07:12 AM
well i definately did, so what shocks do i go with? or should i do the air ride?

hotroddr
03-24-2006, 07:53 AM
I have no experience with QA1 but I have adjustable Konis on one of my cars. I am a customer for life after their excellent customer service. I was missing a couple bolts for my struts so I called them one afternoon to get the bolt size. They mailed me the bolts from KY to AZ and had them to my front door by 10:00 the next morning no questions asked. I also wasnt on hold, and they spoke english so I was happy.

BRIAN
03-24-2006, 12:07 PM
I had a problem also but it was corrected. I also have Aldan's and the adjuster is useless as you never get the same clicks from shcok to shock. I will try Bilstein or Koni.

USAZR1
03-24-2006, 12:31 PM
IMO,Aldans are the most overpriced pieces of crap you can buy. Don't think that company has ever bought a shock dyno.

I've got Shockwaves on my car. If I had it to do over,I wouldn't go with Air Ride again.

1Fine69
03-24-2006, 01:25 PM
k my dad jsut went with different qa1's problem solved. 427 comes in a week! it was ont he dyno today!

bret
03-25-2006, 06:03 PM
The Air Ride Technologies ShockWaves now use the Varishocks from Chassisworks instead of the QA1 shocks. They made that change about 3 years ago. They may have found the same issues that you just did...