PDA

View Full Version : trunk gutter replacement

FJB2069
03-23-2006, 07:58 PM
I am replacing RH trunk gutter, but have a problem because the edge that it mounts to on the quarter is rotted also. see picture. I suppose I can piece the rim back together by fitting/welding replacement strips of metal.I do not know if I can buy a replacement section or if I would have to cut it from another quarter panel?

Curious to how a professional would fix this?

Camaro Zach
03-23-2006, 08:56 PM
i'd bend a piece of sheetmetal into an L and use the shrinker to make the curves. that is only if the lower ridge is rusted out. i'd be happy to try and make one if you need it.

Camaro Zach
03-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey actually i have this cut off of my car. the only thing it doesnt include is the rear bend (because the previous owner hacked it up pretty good) if you want it its yours for the price of shipping. i have both sides if you need them.

FJB2069
03-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey actually i have this cut off of my car. the only thing it doesnt include is the rear bend (because the previous owner hacked it up pretty good) if you want it its yours for the price of shipping. i have both sides if you need them. Really appreciate the offer! I do have to replace the rear bend, so let me see how that goes with fabing that and I will let you now if I need the rest.