PDA

View Full Version : solid body mount size

69CamaroChesapeakeVA
10-09-2004, 12:30 PM
I have a guy at my machine shop that is willing to make me a set of solid subframe bushings out of nickel. Im wondering does anyone have the exact size for making the 2 piece mounts used on the 4 holes in the subframe? Im not replacing the ones in the radiator support. They are new anyway, so they dont need it. Any help or drawing I can get in this matter will be much appreciated.

Matt@RFR
10-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Why Nickel???!!!

69CamaroChesapeakeVA
10-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Thats just what he has the most of laying around.

Matt@RFR
10-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Wow, I hope he's a good friend of yours...otherwise you may be looking at the worlds most expensive subframe bushings. :lmao:

69CamaroChesapeakeVA
10-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah, they are going to be free if I can get the sizes so he can make them for me.

Matt@RFR
10-09-2004, 05:32 PM
I can't help you on the size, but we can have a conversation and keep bumping this up to the top until someone answers!

69CamaroChesapeakeVA
10-09-2004, 06:06 PM
sounds good. Hopefully someone can come up with the sizes for these pieces. Ive been searching all over the internet and cant find them anywhere.

Matt@RFR
10-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Have you called any companies that sell them? What about going to a drag strip and checking out all the stock and super stock cars?

69CamaroChesapeakeVA
10-10-2004, 01:28 AM
I havent tried calling anyone because I figured that the companies arent going to give me the information that I need. They are ussally in the business of selling a product and I really dont think most people would be willing to help someone who wants to make thier own instead of buying their product. As for going to the drag-strip, Im on a Navy ship right now and its been a long time since I've been off here on dry land. I'll be back home in 19 more days.

B Schein
10-10-2004, 05:11 AM
I made my own solid mount I just measured the stock rubber ones the best I could and made them A 1/2 inch shorter since I want to try and drop the body a little bit. I don’t think it needs to be ultra precision Just as long as they are all the same.

Brian

69CamaroChesapeakeVA
10-10-2004, 03:13 PM
I havent pulled back in to port yet. We are underway at sea at the moment. Can anyone tell me how much space there should be from the top of the subframe and the bottom of the body? Also, how big is the hole on the subframe and how big is the bolt hole that goes through the whole assembly? That should be enough information to get a set made.

indyjps
10-10-2004, 03:29 PM
im in if you can find out the sizes. guys @ work will make me anything i can sketch up a print for. thinking of making some out of several different neoprene materials we have in the shop. any thoughts on that, also considered spring bushings from the same. if not ill stick with aluminum.

69CamaroChesapeakeVA
10-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Indy, I think Im going to have a few sets made out of Nickel and a few stainless steel sets also if I can get the deminsions that I need. Well see if someone can come up with it.