PDA

View Full Version : I have a complete parts C5 and C4, which parts to use?

Whistler
03-21-2006, 10:43 AM
I have at my disposal a complete C5 and a complete C4, both with intact suspensions and brakes.
I have a 67 Camaro that is under the knife right now getting minitubbed with a DSE quadralink/coilover rear.
The car already has 12" rear discs from an LS1 F body on the back, so that's probably good to go.
The front suspension is mostly stock, with no sway bar, 90/10 shocks, and Moroso drag springs, and Aerospace 4 piston front brakes with cross drilled and slotted rotors. I intentionally used the Aerospace fronts so that I could still clear 15 inch drag wheels for the track, but that is becoming less and less of a concern as I'm close to finishing this car.
I'd like to use either of the aluminun Corvette control arms in the front with the bigger brakes, and some Koni coil overs to match the back... but I'm looking for some input first.

DonQuehotey
03-22-2006, 09:54 AM
From what I understand the C-5 has better suspension geometry and you can find bigger OE replacment brake packages for it... the C-4 stuff is no slouch either and usually provides a easier conversion platform..... keep in mind though that either of them are only going to as good as the installer putting it in.