PDA

View Full Version : 98 WS6 Not starting

Milow68
03-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, long story short I test drove a WS6 Friday night ran fine etc... Went to test drive in the daylight on Sunday and the car won't start. I went over tonight and dropped the starter to check for power on the switched lead to the starter and nothing.:help:
Where am I headed next is it the neutral safety switch? (automatic by the way) or am I headed to the ignition switch/mod? Easiest place to test? How hard is it to change? What are the better manuals to have to work on this LS1?
Thanks in advance.
Brad
PS Ralph the price I think is dropping pretty good on this car!!!

Ralph LoGrasso
03-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Brad,

I'm glad to hear about the price drop. I'm not sure what the problem is with the car, but as for the manuals, I just ordered a Helms manual for mine the other day. Pretty pricey @ $130 or so, but it's real thick with tons of info so hopefully it'll be pretty helpful; it's the same one the techs use. I was holding off for a while on buying one, but I finally broke down and paid the money after dealing with some issues.

v7guy
04-24-2006, 05:59 AM
The helms manual has been a life saver for me on countless occasions, you won't be sorry.

Things to look at, there's a relay on the passneger side behind the kick panel, sometimes it gets kicked or corroded and the car won't start, won't try to crank, lights won't dim, nothing. Does not set of a security code either.

The wires running by the starter, double check that they haven't been burned by the exhaust, chech two or three times if the car has headers.

I presume the battery is fine and the car has lights, do they dim when you turn the key? You didn't mention.

Damn True
04-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Uh engine forum maybe?

Whistler
05-02-2006, 09:14 PM
There is a starter relay in the fuse box attatched to the driver's sideinner fender. Check for switched power there. After that go to the electrical part of the ignition switch on the column, it's on the passenger side of the column about halfway down, you'll have to remove the trim panel that your knees rub when you drive.
The last thing it could be if the anti-theft system. If everything else checks out and you think it might be the PASS key system, PM me and I'll give you my #, I can talk you through it. Too much to type.