PDA

View Full Version : side mirrors for 69

FJB2069
03-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Looking to replace original mirrors with power side mirrors. Any suggestions on what works good?

element180
03-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Here are some options (scroll down near bottom of page)

http://www.wickedbodies.net/Accessories-Universal.html

FJB2069
03-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Here are some options (scroll down near bottom of page)

http://www.wickedbodies.net/Accessories-Universal.html Have you ever put one of these on a 69? It looks like most of these are meant to mount in the corner of the window vs. the door?

element180
03-25-2006, 10:36 AM
No I have not done it personally.I did'nt even think about the mounting when I found the page,sorry.I have seen C5 mirrors used on the door of a '68 though.Not sure if they were power or not.I did'nt even think about the mounting of the ones found on the link I posted,when I found them I was looking for parts for a 3rd Gen (DOH!!)

FJB2069
03-25-2006, 11:44 AM
No I have not done it personally.I did'nt even think about the mounting when I found the page,sorry.I have seen C5 mirrors used on the door of a '68 though.Not sure if they were power or not.I did'nt even think about the mounting of the ones found on the link I posted,when I found them I was looking for parts for a 3rd Gen (DOH!!) No problem, I'll check out the c5 mirror. THanks

barno68
03-27-2006, 12:56 PM
I have been looking to pick up a set of C-5 mirrors as they are door mount and appear to be the correct angle, but have not found a set at the right price yet. They are a three stud mount; not sure of the bolt distance. The are set on a single shaft with a spring clip, I believe this allows them to be folded in if needed. Hope that helps.

esenior
03-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I went with the Buick Le Sabre mirrors. They aren't as bulky looking as the C5 mirrors and you can get them for about $50 per side. Check out pics in the original thread at :
https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?2845-Other-Mirror-options

FJB2069
03-28-2006, 07:01 AM
What about a C4 mirror? Or possible a 84-92 camaro mirror? (They look similar) Something that does not have such a high post.

sal726
08-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am glad that I found this thread on custom side view mirrors for a 69 Camaro. I just finished a pro touring car and everything is black out no chrome. My builder was suppose to install some custom painted mirrors and he decided to paint the stock mirrors and install without my permission. I would like to know if there is a set of custom mirrors that could be painted that will easly bolt on without any body work since my car is all ready done.

Thanks

FJB2069
08-06-2013, 05:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am glad that I found this thread on custom side view mirrors for a 69 Camaro. I just finished a pro touring car and everything is black out no chrome. My builder was suppose to install some custom painted mirrors and he decided to paint the stock mirrors and install without my permission. I would like to know if there is a set of custom mirrors that could be painted that will easly bolt on without any body work since my car is all ready done.

Thanks

I used mirrors off a 3rd en camaro. The bases had to be custom to fit door. It was a major pain as the mirrors are made of pot metal and I had a bitch of a time wleding with aluminum rod to not burn through.

THey may fit over existing mirror holes, not sure I welding them up before paint.