PDA

View Full Version : Siphon pot sand blasters

FJB2069
03-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Has anyone used a siphon pot sand blaster similar to what is sold in the Eastwood catalog ($150)? I want to blast my firewall and was wondering if these work fairly well and how long it might take to do such a job with one?

myclone
03-21-2006, 05:16 AM
I used a siphon set up a long time ago to blast a sub frame and while it did just fine (IMO) it wasnt as fast as the pressurized unit I had used previously. Any moisture in the blasting media or debri would tend to clog up the siphon port on the tank but some shaking of the pot or tapping it with a hammer took care of that.

IMO for the occassional job a siphon type unit will work just fine for 99% of us even if it is a little slower but if youre going to be doing a LOT of blasting of muiltiple cars, multiple frames, huge pieces like like semi truck frames, or if youre going to be making a living at blasting then a pressurized unit is the only way to go.

Milow68
03-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I got my pressurized sandblaster from Harbor Freight and it does a pretty good job and it is probably $50 cheaper... only thing is you can't run the big black coal slag thru it very good.
Brad