PDA

View Full Version : 67 fastback color

Travis77
03-20-2006, 02:42 AM
Before I spend too much time pondering on a color, I would like to get the pro's opinion. Call me sick, but everytime a UPS truck drives by (that is clean) my mind begins to turn. How do you think this would look? I have always had the idea of a blacked out car, but I'm no Ring Brothers so I better pass. The car will be a cross between Kona and the Fast Forward Fastback. I also like Keith Criswell's Chevelle. I will be going with more of the sheet metal look under the hood rather than chrome. More than likely going with some sort of satin or machined wheels, and since it is tubbed most likely going with 18x12's. It will more than likely have a 3 inch cowl. I just think a deep brown like this that looks wet would look very different. Please be honest. Does anyone think it could be pulled off without looking like it came of the farm? Sorry so long, but wanted the creative thinkers to have a full picture of what I'm thinking of doing. Thanks guys

Happyfunballs
03-20-2006, 06:20 AM
What can brown do for you?

Nothing. J/K. The brown that UPS uses is a "solid" color, in other words, no flake, no pearls, no additives, just brown. However, it would be very different. Adding in some pearls and/or flake might give it a little kick. If it's brownish tints your after, check out House of Kolor Root Beer Kandy or Ketchme Kopper and Cinnimon Pearl pbc's.

StRacerDuke
03-20-2006, 11:14 AM
pearl/flake Brown would look killer with an acent color throughout the car. maybe some softer natural color like a cream or stone.

CAMAROBOY69
03-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Brian (B Cichocki) has a sick mustang that won Power Tour King of The Road award from K&N. It looks brown in the pictures but I think it is a dark copper. I think if done right brown would look good. Here is Brians 67 Mustang and the thread you can find his information in. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7832&highlight=mustang+k%26N
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mustang9kw.jpg)

Travis77
03-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks guys for the replies.
I have seen that car before, and agree it is very sharp. Looking at something a little more sinister looking though, and may try to go old school.
If I go this route, what would look the best. Something that is just really deep brown almost appearing black or black cherry, or a color that has metal flake or pearl that can have a different illusion. I have seen a truck with HOK Brandy Wine with candy that looked sick, which is still an option. For a car that will be driven alot, I don't know if I should go too custom on the paint. Does anyone have any pictures that would fit any of these descriptions?

4MuscleMachines
03-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I have always liked the burnished brown color on a 69 Camaro. Its almost like a rootbeer color, although I have seen varying shades of darkness, it almost looks black under the right light.