PDA

View Full Version : Rotisserie Construction

67drop
03-20-2006, 12:22 AM
So I've searched the threads for some info on body rotisseries and have decide to build one. For the rotation tube, some info has said to drill holes and use pins to lock the body in position, while others have bolts with welded nuts to pinch the inner tube. The later is an easier option for me but will this be enough? I would hate for the body to roll when i was next to/under it. I will be doing just the unibody assembly from my 1st gen maro. The front car mounting seems simple enough (subframe mounting holes), but where do I attach the rear? Any other advice or plan ideas for constuction on a rotisserie would also be appreciated.

baz67
03-20-2006, 06:44 AM
So I've searched the threads for some info on body rotisseries and have decide to build one. For the rotation tube, some info has said to drill holes and use pins to lock the body in position, while others have bolts with welded nuts to pinch the inner tube. The later is an easier option for me but will this be enough? I would hate for the body to roll when i was next to/under it. I will be doing just the unibody assembly from my 1st gen maro. The front car mounting seems simple enough (subframe mounting holes), but where do I attach the rear? Any other advice or plan ideas for constuction on a rotisserie would also be appreciated.

What is a maro? Is that marrow? :jump:

Have you seen this yet? http://camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12222&highlight=body+rotator

fladoans
03-20-2006, 07:24 AM
I have a 69 camaro on a rotisserie that I made. The 2nd option of the welded nut and a bolt to pinch the inner tube works fine. Beside I doubt you can ever get the holes drilled thru the tubes and have them exactly where you want them. I mounted the rear of the car to the bumper mounting holes/brackets inside the trunk. Check out the link below as to how I made my rotisserie:

http://miamisouthbmx.netfirms.com/steves_pictures/nfpicturepro/thumbnails.php?album=6

67drop
03-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks ! These links were just what I needed to clear up the few design questions that I had. Now to get started.

parsonsj
03-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Mine is a welded-nut design too. Works fine.

jp

mikey
03-20-2006, 06:42 PM
You have mail

Mike

CDJr
03-21-2006, 11:21 AM
I prefer the pin method, as theres a LOT of pressure exerted on the bolt method, and if its not perfectly balanced on the rotisserie, it increases even more. The pin method is also easier to lock in place for one person, but is limited in positions by how many holes you drill. And you should be able to bolt it right where the bumper bolts on the rear. Hope this helps :)

ahowudoin
04-04-2006, 04:08 PM
I have a 69 camaro on a rotisserie that I made. The 2nd option of the welded nut and a bolt to pinch the inner tube works fine. Beside I doubt you can ever get the holes drilled thru the tubes and have them exactly where you want them. I mounted the rear of the car to the bumper mounting holes/brackets inside the trunk. Check out the link below as to how I made my rotisserie:

http://miamisouthbmx.netfirms.com/steves_pictures/nfpicturepro/thumbnails.php?album=6
your missing one of your pipe sizes on your list.