PDA

View Full Version : stupid house projects

indyjps
03-18-2006, 02:32 PM
been a couple of months since i worked on the camaro, started finishing off my basement etc and its almost time to hang drywall, thinking of just hiring out the work so i can get back to the car. one bonus is i finally got the 220 v outlet in for a welder so its not all bad. not much point for the thread, just getting a jonesing for some grease under the fingernails.

Steve68
03-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Hurricane house rebuilds suck, getting ready do do drywall in the garage!

hang all the drywall yourself, farm out the mudding and taping!

BonzoHansen
03-18-2006, 08:10 PM
hang all the drywall yourself, farm out the mudding and taping!+100 on that.

F70t/a
03-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Dude your lucky!! I wish I had a 220 outlet. Anything that helps the project get done is badass:cool:

indyjps
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
thanks for the encouragement, they are building a lot of homes in the area so i think i can find some guys who will finish it out for me after i hang it. al least im spending the winter in the warm basement and saving the car work for the summer.

69lt4
03-22-2006, 05:19 AM
I'm with you guys. Haven't touched the camaro since October due to finishing the basement. Second child coming (any day now). I did all the framing, electrical, hung the drywall. Hired someone to tape, mud, wood trim and hang a drop ceiling. Tape and mud took 4 days with one day to dry on final coat. Trim took one weekend. Drop ceiling took one weekend. Well worth the money, as it would have taken me weekends to complete. Good luck. I needed a break from the camaro as my ideas were running low on certain items.

Kevin