PDA

View Full Version : Yearone...

protouring70
03-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Year One is having their first car show for the year. It is today (Sat.) between 4 and 8 or 9. And I believe they are going to the dragstrip afterwards. Should be a pretty good show.
All are welcome!!!!
Brent
:1st:

southernfriedcj
03-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I've gotta go sluming to Winder this evening, so I'll swing on up to Year one and check out the sleds.

Jim

WS6
03-19-2006, 06:03 AM
couldn't make it this time. im sure it was a good turn out though. great weather last night

Bob Johnson
03-19-2006, 07:29 AM
the place was absolutely packed..this show is going to surpass the Canton Show if it keeps this up..I couldn't believe how many people were there..I showed up in my 63 Pontiac Gran Prix with a 4 speed and a 455 Poncho,,this is one sweet driving ol sled..pretty swift too..

69rs
03-19-2006, 08:38 AM
I wasn't able to go....I was up at Road Killer working on Brat's Comet! :hand:

southernfriedcj
03-19-2006, 10:55 AM
My wife and I swung through and checked ouy all the cars in about 30 minutes(we were supposed to be at a Baptism after party). The place was packed. There were about twice as many spectators as last year(judging from the parking lot) and about twice as many cars entered.
We were walking down one isle and I thought I recognized a guy from America's Most Wanted. Turns out that the familiar mug was the one and only(actually one of two, I suppose) Bob Johnson. Old Bob is a super nice guy, and I, of course, angled for an invite to see the Cuda as well as the rest on his collection.
Turns out that there was a NASA event at Road Atlanta as well. I wish I'd have know, as RA is only 6 miles past Year One. That would have been a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon.
I think I'll take the '72 TA to next months Braselton Bash if anybody wants to hook up.

Jim

protouring70
03-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Man that place was packed. Me and my wife were therefor a while. I kept hearing numbers called out for door prizes and I believe that there was close to 300 cars there. I can't wait till April, my car will be done and I want to try it out!!!!!!!
Hope to see everyone next month.
Bob, good to talk to ya.

Brent