PDA

View Full Version : Finally,,

philbay
03-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Its in,,,,and it moves... After owning my chevelle since 1989, and always wanting a manual trans, Its in.. an M22 complete.. Alamost every time I saved enough bucks to start,a family of 5 with myself,,,,, something would come up and then my trans is on hold. Yesterday I went out to my friend shop just to see if he was going to need anything else,,,,And,,,,,,, ITS IN>>> Im over 50 years old and unless you are like us,,,,,,,, Well I was excited as a kid.. What a feeling.. to sit there in my old car, just like before I could even drive,, shifting gears and just looking.. Sorry to rant.. Needless to say,as soon as I got home.I called my oldest son,whose 22,and into turboss and nissan,well the younger two are into domestics, and he was so happy to hear my excitement.. bla bla bla.. whew. im sorry that I ranted here,but needed to relive it again.. thanks,

Bill Howell
03-18-2006, 05:30 AM
SO, where are the pictures????? LOL
I really want one of you sitting there, still, shifting gears. I hear you loud and clear on other things taking your car money. Been there done that, got the freaking t-shirt. Congratulations, now get out there and drive....and be careful......lol

BADVELLE
03-18-2006, 06:05 AM
Congrats! I agree with Bill, lets see some pic's of you "rowing" through the gears!

Kenova
03-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Congrats, I know just how you feel. Like Bill said, we've been there and I'm still doing it:banghead: . If I ever get my Nova up and running I'll probably do the same thing.... phone my oldest boy and let him hear it over the phone.:revto9k: :rotfl:
Ken

indyjps
03-18-2006, 02:25 PM
good to hear you got it together, i think a burnout pic is in order to celebrate.

philbay
03-19-2006, 12:19 PM
It was great to hear your comments an bout the m22,I cant even call it a trany,If its not a t56,the it must be an m22.. Car is comming home this sat,still getting things together, bigger tires and wheels, interior work,pad ,gauges,buckets recovered,etc.. But now the drivetrain is just about done......for now......... .. Im going from old school to new school.up to down,straight to well you know the rest.. ,, hope to get into paint by mid summer, depending on the family things.. Well ill post some shots soon . heres a few for now thanks again.. phil