PDA

View Full Version : Taking a new job...

astroracer
10-08-2004, 11:30 AM
I haven't gotten a lot done on the Astro lately... I've been working on getting a new job... Did the interview thing last night and everything went well so I'll be putting in my resignation at GM Monday. Now, I know what you're thinking... Quitting GM!? Nope... I am just a contract puke. Bottom of the cesspool in here... The thing is this new job is coming with a BUNCH more money attached so I would be stupid to not take it... The last "RAISE" I got in this old job was in '01 and that was a 7% REDUCTION mandated by GM... :ripped:
This new job will be doing the same kind of work I am currently doing and is a little closer to home.
Well, wish me luck. I'll be in and out on the forum for the next week but after that I probably won't be surfing to much during the day because of the new position...
See Ya.
Mark

Ralph LoGrasso
10-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Congrats, Mark!!

907rs
10-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Congratulations, Mark! I hope all goes well for you.

zbugger
10-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Cool. Good luck with it. Just keep us updated on whatever you do to the van.

Milow68
10-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Good Lucky and I am sure everything will be cool!!!! :bananna2:
Brad

astroracer
10-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Hey guys, just an update...
The new job is going GREAT! I started the 18th and was immediately put on 50 hours! I haven't worked any real overtime for almost four years. With the rate increase and the overtime, I am grossing TWICE my weekly wage as the old job! The longer days are kicking my ass until I get used to it but I am NOT complaining...
Even better news is my wheels for Bad Ast were shipped yesterday! Bill Han(o(k from Bonspeed called and said they were ready to go and they look beautiful! 17x10's w/7" Backspacing in front and 18x12's w/ 7" backspacing in the rear. I really need to get busy now...
Mark

protour_chevelle
10-27-2004, 05:41 AM
You know, sometimes you just have to step out of your job where you feel comfortable and try new things. My dad was working at a company as a purchaser for 5 years. He got 1 raise while he was there. No bonuses, and crappy vacation times. He was comfortable there and knew everyone. He worked his ass off and only got so much money. His friend put a referal(sp?) in at a big oilfield company. They interviewed him and he got the job. He's still working his ass off but he's getting money to back how hard he works. He gets raises normally. Gets paid OT unlike the old place and now deals with some super high end stuff which is cool. He went from 20grand PO orders to just last week he put out a PO that was over 3mill.

The whole message(I guess you could call it) is that why work really hard(or maybe not) at a job and make only so much but feel comfortable when you can step outside of your comfort zone, do the same job and get paid more?

Hopefully you get the new job! More pay is always better for toys like these.

-Matt

mdprovee
10-27-2004, 06:17 AM
Mark

Congratulations on the new job. I was at my old job for 15 years when I finally had enough. It was a small family operation. Came to my new job and havent looked back. Been here three years now. It was hard to leave something I had put so much into, and was comfortable with. Keep up the good work.

Mike

wickedmotorhead
10-27-2004, 06:53 AM
Congratulations Mark, it's always a good thing to find something you like to do, that's the difference between a "job" and a "career" Good Luck in your new position.

Salt Racer
10-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Congrats, Mark!