PDA

View Full Version : Put on Hotchkis 2" Drop Springs & Speedtech Upper/Lower Tubular A Arms,....But

jay'srs/ss
03-17-2006, 12:18 PM
....my car sits too high. Anyone had any experiances with Speedtech's A Arms. I've heard some Tubular A Arms have lower springs pockets than stock. So with 2" Drop Springs you get a 3" Drop. My car is the opposite. I'm running 235/45/17 Yokohama AVS Sport Tires, and i've got about 2.5" from the top of the tire to the fender lip. The springs are seated correctly in the pocket, i triple checked that. And the bolts were tightened with the weight of the car on the wheels. So what could be making my car too high???

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/03/IMG_0318-1.jpg

dhardison
03-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Hotchkis coils need driving time to settle. However mine only dropped 3/8"-1/2" total. IMHO the best thing to do is put some miles on them, then if she's still not low enough wack 1/4 coil at a time to get the stance you desire.

GORGEOUS Camaro BTW.:twothumbs

jay'srs/ss
03-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Hotchkis coils need driving time to settle. However mine only dropped 3/8"-1/2" total. IMHO the best thing to do is put some miles on them, then if she's still not low enough wack 1/4 coil at a time to get the stance you desire.

GORGEOUS Camaro BTW.:twothumbs

Thanks for you opinion. That's most likely what i'll end up doing. :cheers: