PDA

View Full Version : what was the name of the company/site

Camaro_Dan
03-16-2006, 12:45 PM
I read on this board I think, about a company/site where you download their 3D CAD program, and click submit and you instantly get a price quote on the part you have designed.

Can anyone link to this page? I have som stuff I want to get a price on.

Anyone ever use this company?

Any info would be great

Thanks

Matt@RFR
03-16-2006, 01:05 PM
www.emachineshop.com If you want the highest price, go ahead and click that link.

If you want good prices, have someone local quote it, put your dimensions here for us, or if noone wants to quote it, I can take a look at it for you.

Camaro_Dan
03-16-2006, 01:09 PM
I just wanted to check it out. I have sent my drawings to 3 companies here in Sweden for a quote, and I just want to compare. I don't want to post picture of the parts online because someone else might get the idea to use my idea :D
But if you want to Matt, I could send you my solidworks drawings, for a, I hate this word, guesstimate? :D
If so, please send me your emailaddress in a PM or to [email protected]

Thanks

MoeBawlz
03-16-2006, 04:29 PM
emachineshop.com does definately kill you on pricing. Unless you do big bulk its not worth even looking at them.

Camaro_Dan
03-17-2006, 12:28 AM
ok, I didn't even get their program to work. I imported one of my drawings from solidworks, and tried to get a price, then the program just froze up.
So I have sent the drawings to some other companies here in Sweden to see what they would charge me. Also I talked to Matt, and he gave me som really good pointers, so I had to change a few things on the parts in question.