PDA

View Full Version : New Waune Due Subframe?

rob07002
03-15-2006, 06:42 AM
Anyone have info on the new WD sub that uses all the aftermkt parts like control arms, spindles, etc. I emailed him but haven't gotten a response yet, and I'm dyin to know more!

silver69camaro
03-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Anyone have info on the new WD sub that uses all the aftermkt parts like control arms, spindles, etc. I emailed him but haven't gotten a response yet, and I'm dyin to know more!

If you really need to know something, call him instead. Phone calls are always top on the priority list.

29od1
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah I'd call if I were you. I don't think they answer their emails. I tried emailing a couple of times with no response and just ended up calling them.

http://www.waynedue.com/index2.html

68camaro396
03-15-2006, 12:34 PM
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=3771

He responded to me yesterday. Just be patient. Also, I am pretty sure it is the same as the new C5 frame he has listed on the site. Not sure of the price difference with the aftermarket parts. You may have to put those on yourself. I think he has the bare frame price online also.

The link shows great pics of it from a Lateral G post.

rob07002
03-15-2006, 08:21 PM
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=3771

He responded to me yesterday. Just be patient. Also, I am pretty sure it is the same as the new C5 frame he has listed on the site. Not sure of the price difference with the aftermarket parts. You may have to put those on yourself. I think he has the bare frame price online also.

The link shows great pics of it from a Lateral G post.

Yeah I saw that post which is why I want to know more. I heard it was coming, and it peaked my interest. I know he's busy but I'll wait till he emails me back, which he usually does, just thought some "insiders" might know more in the mean time...

MuscleRodz
03-16-2006, 08:46 AM
The subframe is a direct replacement for the stock one. You do have to go to coilovers and a rack and pinion. It is for the guys who have already spent the bucks on aftermarket parts for their stock sub and want a cleaner one that will allow wider front wheels without starting over.

Mike

novanutcase
03-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Robbo,
Try this link........http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=3771

69keith
03-16-2006, 10:38 AM
How much $$$$$?

67SSDan
03-16-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm interested to know how much too. I don't see that one on the site yet... unless I got caught up in all the other cool stuff.

MuscleRodz
03-16-2006, 12:04 PM
You will have to talk to Wayne directly for a price.

Mike

cpederslie
03-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Yes, please be patient. Wayne is right in the middle of a shop move and he's up to his elbows in builds as well as getting clips out.

He's going to be building one of these OEM clips that will be used for the product photo shoot for his site, as well as, assembly and install write up. Now if I can just find a publication intersted in my write up.

Wayne is still working on the cost details and I'll be working with him to get it on his website as soon as possible.

All I can say is stay tuned...it is coming!!!!!!!!

zbugger
03-17-2006, 09:25 PM
....Now if I can just find a publication intersted in my write up....

I'm gonna send you a PM.

rob07002
03-22-2006, 06:27 AM
Wayne did get back to me and he is very busy right now. As far as I know pricing isn't set yet, but will be soon. I guess we all need to be alittle patient.

Todds69
03-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Over on the Lateral-G forum someone said it was going to be priced similar as the C4 and C5 bare frames. Seems a little pricey to me but have to wait and see for sure.

trapin
03-22-2006, 05:22 PM
That was me, he e-mailed me at work yesterday. He said it'll be around the same pricing as the C5 bare frame. Yeah...it does seem a little pricey. I'm going to pass. So far only the rack is available. In regards to the steering box, he said the problem is that he moved in the frame rail to accomodate bigger wheels and also to eliminate the shaft housing for the coil-overs. In order to accomodate the box he'd have to move the frame rail back outside which would then impede on the coil-overs. He asked for a suggestion and the only one I could give him was to move the frame rail in even further and then switch the box over to the other side of the frame rail using a European style right hand drive box and center drag link. Actually....the center drag link would have to be a custom piece. But now you're talking big money.

I'll stick with my stock frame.

novanutcase
03-23-2006, 01:36 AM
yeah...Wayne just got back to me and told me that he is super busy with the move and all. He also said that up until now the custom frame builds he had been doing haven't yieldedhim much in the way of benjamins so he is going to concentrate on building Camaro front clips, which yield hiom more money! I hope he decides to go ahead with my project('66 or '67 Nova.....are you listening PHR?) because,in my opinion, he is the best, in terms of building chassis. Him and Art Morrison.

novanutcase
03-23-2006, 01:37 AM
and front clips too......:secret:

cpederslie
03-23-2006, 06:31 PM
...because,in my opinion, he is the best, in terms of building chassis. Him and Art Morrison.

Totaly agree! That's why I've got his C4 clip for my wifes Nova and my 68 Camaro will definitely get the Wayne Due treatment all the way around.

murtah
03-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Suprising that there is a significant amount of gear heads wanting to scrap their DSE modified stock frames.

If you are still looking for a new frame: 3,300 for the frame ( wonder if that includes the AGR rack and sway bar?) plus 3,200 for the DSE level 3, plus spindles........Ouch.

I am suprised there isn't some sort of legal issue over making something that uses another company's proprietary product?

baz67
03-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Suprising that there is a significant amount of gear heads wanting to scrap their DSE modified stock frames.

If you are still looking for a new frame: 3,300 for the frame ( wonder if that includes the AGR rack and sway bar?) plus 3,200 for the DSE level 3, plus spindles........Ouch.

I am suprised there isn't some sort of legal issue over making something that uses another company's proprietary product?

I have been wondering the same thing. Why spend money on a replacement of something that works just fine. I can understand the weight argument, but what about rigidity.

cpederslie
03-26-2006, 11:15 PM

:bsjerk: Legal issues? With making a product that uses (promotes) another companies products??? Last time I checked there is nothing illegal about it unless it is directly copying a product that is patent protected. After all how many clip manufacturers are out there that are making clips that uses Ford's MII suspension components or clips that use GM's C4 or C5 components?

I am surpised that companies like DSE and GW haven't approached the chassis guys about building a clip around thier products.

To address some of the other questions, I met with Wayne this weekend to discuss other items and got to talking with him about his new OEM clip. He says the clip, as designed, has the frame rails set narrower, 6" I believe, allowing a 10" wide 275 tire with no problems. The frame is definitely more rigid and stronger than a stock one and simply looks a whole lot cleaner.

As far as cost, it is expected to cost the same as the bare C4 or C5 clip, which is $2,400. With it you get a sway bar (not the Speedway Eng) and the Brewers Steering Arms which Wayne say cost him $200 for the pair. As far as availability, that is yet to be determined. He's up to his eyeballs in C4/C5 clips to get out, cars that he's building and a complete shop move.

Hope this helps clear up any questions.

67bird
03-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Got some more good news for everyone. I emailed Wayne about the avalibilty of this frame for applictions with a Pontiac engine. he thinks it is possible.

mdlackey
03-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Pontiac engine applications?!! ... if anyone has any influence on him, please ask for this flexibility.

Haven't had to make the jump to a GM crate motor and would like to keep my Poncho with my '67 400 block that I'm building.

Thanks,
Dave

murtah
03-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Cpederslie:
Nice smilie, nerd. Obviously you are a "big fan" of Wayne Due.

Point taken on the proprietary issue. I believe DSE is coming out with their own clip that was designed as a brand new sub. Hopefully the price is somewhat reasonable. If it does, then I suspect few people (other than owners who have previously purchased the DSE stage 3 kit) will be buying your buddy's new clip.

I question the market for the new Due clip. Let's say 400 people have bought the DSE stage 3. Perhaps 80 might buy Due's new clip? I doubt that very many people will but his new clip, the DSE stage 3, an AGR rack and ATS spindles due to the extremely high total cost.

Let's say the new Due clip runs 2900 ( I say that because there is a $900 delta between the price of the C4 and C5) DSE stage 3 is 3200, AGR rack 250.00, plus spindles at 550. That's 6,900 before shipping. I believe that makes this sub the most expensive one out there! Good thing brakes are cheap. Oh wait....

So, was this frame built to satisfy the needs of what appears to be a limited audience or does he really think he can sell these to someone looking for a new sub other than a C-5, 21st century, alston, etc?

Perhaps he can turn a decent profit off of selling 40-50 frames?
You tell me.

The only reason I give a sh*t, is because I wish someone would make an entire package, with the same quality and performance capability what we are talking about and price it around 5K, out the door.

rob07002
03-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Cpederslie:

The only reason I give a sh*t, is because I wish someone would make an entire package, with the same quality and performance capability what we are talking about and price it around 5K, out the door.

Alston's is probably around that price out the door....

baz67
03-28-2006, 06:56 AM
I still do not get why you guys are all pumped about a frame that uses stock parts. Your stock frame will do just fine and save you a few grand. I will give you that it looks cleaner, but stiffer and stronger.... I doubt that. What tests were done to verify that. I would guess the look test. Well it looks stronger and stiffer.

67bird
03-28-2006, 01:25 PM
The only thing that is exciting is the fact the Pontiac guys can use a rack without a bunch of work. This isn't possible on the stock frame. Also, with raised port heads (New KRE's and Tiger raised port) there may be more header room. As far as strength testing well that has yet to be seen. I can tell you that my stock frames (yes I have two) both look like my 9 year old nephew welded them together. As far as a cleaner look yes some want that. I mean what does it cost to weld all the seams on a stock frame, grind and sand it all down, then do the DSE mod stuff to it? For some of us it is money well spent. To do the DSE mod I would have to pay someone to weld the mounts due to the fact I don't own the equipment to do it, and also possible ship it somewhere. This all cost money or time. Here again some are willing to pay for this. I think Wayne is finding another way to fill a small void in the market and make some money at it as well.
I will agree with an earlier post, though. If some one could make a repo stock frame they would sell. Especially with the repo bodies coming out. Then companies like DSE and ATS could sell them complete with their suspension components on them ready to go. Just my thoughts.

cpederslie
03-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Cpederslie:
Nice smilie, nerd. Obviously you are a "big fan" of Wayne Due.

Point taken on the proprietary issue. I believe DSE is coming out with their own clip that was designed as a brand new sub. Hopefully the price is somewhat reasonable. If it does, then I suspect few people (other than owners who have previously purchased the DSE stage 3 kit) will be buying your buddy's new clip.

I question the market for the new Due clip. Let's say 400 people have bought the DSE stage 3. Perhaps 80 might buy Due's new clip? I doubt that very many people will but his new clip, the DSE stage 3, an AGR rack and ATS spindles due to the extremely high total cost.

Let's say the new Due clip runs 2900 ( I say that because there is a $900 delta between the price of the C4 and C5) DSE stage 3 is 3200, AGR rack 250.00, plus spindles at 550. That's 6,900 before shipping. I believe that makes this sub the most expensive one out there! Good thing brakes are cheap. Oh wait....

So, was this frame built to satisfy the needs of what appears to be a limited audience or does he really think he can sell these to someone looking for a new sub other than a C-5, 21st century, alston, etc?

Perhaps he can turn a decent profit off of selling 40-50 frames?
You tell me.

Nerd? Now that's funny! I haven't called someone that in probably 15 years. I didn't jump in on this post to get into a pissing match over supply and demand or cost to build. I am certainly a "big fan" of Wayne's as you so put. He is local, has an awesome clean product and has been very helpful with all of my questions. From what I can recall in conversations with Wayne the reason this clip is on the horizon is because of the number of inquiries he's had to build it. If there wasn't the level of interest to justify it I don't think he would have spent the time on design. What I'd like to see is someone do the analysis on what the bare steel clip would have to cost a chassis manuafacturer, such as Alston's or Wayne, in order to get an out the door turn key clip to the consumer for $5K. I think you'd all be surprised when you get to pricing mandrel bent square tubing, steel, laser cutting, fabrication costs, etc. that there would be 0 profit in it without giving up something in return.Just a thought.

CarlC
03-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Is it just me, or do I see a single-shear connection on the lower control arm?

baz67
03-28-2006, 07:54 PM

It is not you Carl. It seems funny that Wayne would do that.

cpederslie
03-28-2006, 11:15 PM

I got to thinking about your comment, wanting a turn key clip for $5K and it dawned on me that Wayne offered one out the door, slap some wheels on it and its a roller for $4K. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3229

So, I called Wayne up and asked what was the deal with that clip. He told me that he had a lot of people asking for a clip under $5K, so he built one. When it was all said and done he was paying more to Art Morrison for the parts to build them than he was making on them and people still bitched it was too expensive. So, he quit offering it as an option and focused on the OEM clip.

Can't please everyone I guess.

Mean 69
03-29-2006, 04:42 AM

I think it depends upon how you define "performance," and I can tell you that making an entire front setup, frame included, for under $5k is a very tough proposition. Unfortunately, when you factor in all of the expenses necessary to support building such a setup, as in fixed costs, labor, insurance, etc, it gets spendy really quick. Bigger companies are better suited, but they almost always miss the mark in terms of product benfits, and usually don't listen to what the market is telling them relative to smaller companies.

So, back to the word "performance." What is it you (you meaning anyone, not pointing a finger at any particular individual by any means) want out of your setup? Do you want it to handle better than a stock car? That's easy. Do you want it to pull down some coll numbers on the skidpad and through the cones? That's pretty easy too. Does it need to look really pimp? That's easy. Do you need it to do all of these things at the same time? Honestly, what many of the folks are stating about modifying a stock front frame is completely true, and satisfies all of the above.

Now, if you define performance in more stringent terms, well, that's a whole bunch different. Suppose you want really good roll center migration characteristics, sufficient camber gain, good caster behavior under roll/steering, very small side scrub, very low scrub radius, minimal bump steer throughout the usable suspension travel, the right amount of anti-dive, short turning radius, ideal ackerman, and enough room to fit big tires, all at the same time, without having to move the engine way back or lift it up, well that's a completely different story. In fact, it hasn't been done, yet. And unfortunately, the stark reality is that solving these issues is not a $5k proposition. It's a heck of a lot harder than grabbing an off the shelf rack and pinion unit, and some late model Corvette pieces and building a frame around them, I can factually state that without reservation.

If you want a really cool handling car on a budget, listen the dudes that have successfully modified their stock front setups, they/we speak the truth. If you have money, do most of your performance driving parked at the local car show, and want something that looks really cool, then knock yourself out with basically any of the stuff that's on the market. But don't think for a microsecond that your car is "really" ready to beat the poopy out of *insert your favorite performance car name here* in the handling arena.

Mark

wendell
03-29-2006, 05:13 AM
Amen Brother!

I'm going to need one hell of a subframe to catch that turbo Noble...

Mean 69
03-29-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm going to need one hell of a subframe to catch that turbo Noble...

No, honest! Just look in the Super Chevy magazine and buy one of everything that advertises performance benefits, especially those that have no technical backup to strengthen (or even attempt to explain) their claims! Bolt all of that stuff on, and buy a huge supercharged rat motor, cross drill your rotors, all that other good stuff, and you'll be able to whoop it good.

Or not.

Sorry, I just have this serious issue with companies promoting products that they themselves do even understand how they truly work. Just a rant. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

(I saw an Enzo, and a Carrera GT the other day on the highway, it's my new goal in life to make my 3400 lb. Camaro whip them both, even though both are the complete state of the art, carbon fiber, mid-engine, untouchable rockets that they are. Well, maybe I'll just appreciate them from afar).

M

rob07002
03-29-2006, 09:33 AM
(I saw an Enzo, and a Carrera GT the other day on the highway, it's my new goal in life to make my 3400 lb. Camaro whip them both, even though both are the complete state of the art, carbon fiber, mid-engine, untouchable rockets that they are. Well, maybe I'll just appreciate them from afar).

M

Was Deitrich or Hans driving? :drive2: LOL!!!

wendell
03-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Mark,
Judging by the rate of speed that the Noble was traveling when I saw it last, I'm going to need a LOT of powder coating to catch him.

As for your goal, of catching the Enzo... It's going to take some mighty shiny wheels and possibly a new sway bar.

madmax
03-29-2006, 03:23 PM
I spoke with Wayne today.

He said that his quoting the C5 price was incorrect - in his mind the C4 and C5 bare steel frames are about the same - but the C5 has more widgets that he has to buy.

The real price should be about $2200, and closer to $2000 with a 1" swaybar and all the steering arms.

That makes it A LOT more attractive to me. I already have a bunch of parts and an original subframe that would have to be replaced anyway because it has been hacked and tweaked. In my case consider:

Old subframe with DSE coilover mod:

$200 New frame
$800 Power rack
$3250 Speed kit 3
= ~$4300.

Wayne Due frame:

$2200 Frame
$1200 Control Arms
$400 QA1 Shocks
$250 Rack
= ~$4050.

A brand new, 10"-wide-wheel-accepting frame for about $4k is pretty attractive to me, especially since I need a new frame anyway.

Don't hold me to these numbers; there may be widgets that I missed here and there... but you get where I am coming from. If the frame had been another grand more, than, hell, I wouldn't have cared for it.

-Max

ProdigyCustoms
03-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Oh but Max, You have the hook up so your OK! Wayne called me today, your all set.

murtah
03-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Max: Now he is talking.
2,000 to 2,200 is more like it.

My earlier pissing and moaning was based off of the prices he has for the C4 and 5 on his website. I couldn't understand how he was going to sell the new frame to people who had not already bought the DSE stage 3.

Like you, I need a brand new frame as the one I had was off a wrecked car. I was going to keep searching for a old frame but I also have a thing for power racks.

If a few manufacturers group priced some of their spindles, control arms and coil overs for Due's frame we could then really be on to something.

Question is will they?

baz67
03-29-2006, 10:20 PM
How about old frame:

Guldstrand mod- free
Lowering springs- 150
Shocks- 400
new steering box- 400
=950

Can I have my 3100 in change please?

Now if you want more caster add 500 for the UCAs

madmax
03-29-2006, 11:50 PM
How about old frame:

Guldstrand mod- free
Lowering springs- 150
Shocks- 400
new steering box- 400
=950

Can I have my 3100 in change please?

Now if you want more caster add 500 for the UCAs

True... but that is apples to oranges. I am talking about a tubular'd subframe with a power rack and coil-overs. Your frame is totally different. To his their own, but this new frame seems perfect for what i want to do.

MuscleRodz
03-30-2006, 05:50 PM
This frame was never meant to be the frame that will top all the rest. It fills a void in the market. Lots of cars out there full of aftermarket parts on old subframes. Maybe someone can't afford to buy it all at once and opted for DSE stuff early on. Maybe his frame is damaged or god forbid got wrecked. Now he can go get a new frame that will accept wider tires, easy rack install, more header room, and won't cost $4k-$6k to do it and he can bolt his aftermarket stuff on with out losing money because it won't fit his new sub. Now you got ATS spindles to go with it and all kinds of other new stuff being marketed everyday. Take it for what it is, a market filler that I think will do very well.

Mike

BRIAN
03-30-2006, 06:50 PM
I have one and it isn't going on an F body. I think you have to look past the [pice and actually the differnce of the parts.

The 1st gen F body stuff with a rack and DSE stuff is pretty stout well handling set up. No Mustang 2 cheap ass parts with thin poly bushings. Even if you went the C4 or C5 route you are still dealing with stock parts not the delrin bushed DSE arms.

The C4 and C5 stuff is nice but is mostly bought for the wow factor.

If you are going with a rack knock $500 off price for not needing a kit to install. No rust or straightness issues. Set up for engine and tranny of your choice. weight savings. Bigger tires. There are many reasons to buy one. But then again If you have a well sorted stock set up you are correct that it does not suit your needs.

I guess I am the only one who sees that these suppliers are missing a huge market by only going after the Camaro guys. These parts would benifit the Street crowd who are tired of the Mustang 2 stuff. Remember how many rods have F body clips? Stay tuned I have something to show you in a month or so.

gr8t68
03-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Yes, please be patient. Wayne is right in the middle of a shop move and he's up to his elbows in builds as well as getting clips out.

He's going to be building one of these OEM clips that will be used for the product photo shoot for his site, as well as, assembly and install write up. Now if I can just find a publication intersted in my write up.

Wayne is still working on the cost details and I'll be working with him to get it on his website as soon as possible.

All I can say is stay tuned...it is coming!!!!!!!!
Since it appears you have a more direct line to Wayne, can you get some kind of idea as to when he will be back up to speed. I'm truing to get some kind of idea as to what type of backlog he has and approx how long it will take to get a 1st gen subrame with the C5 components delivered. Thanks.

cpederslie
03-30-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't have any more of a direct line than any of you guys. I leave messages and send emails and wait for response. It's just lately I have been able to track him down because I had shelf racking for him.

I sent him an email. I do know that he was heading out of town tomorrow to go play in the dunes. :banghead:

madmax
03-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I have one and it isn't going on an F body. I think you have to look past the [pice and actually the differnce of the parts.

The 1st gen F body stuff with a rack and DSE stuff is pretty stout well handling set up. No Mustang 2 cheap ass parts with thin poly bushings. Even if you went the C4 or C5 route you are still dealing with stock parts not the delrin bushed DSE arms.

The C4 and C5 stuff is nice but is mostly bought for the wow factor.

If you are going with a rack knock $500 off price for not needing a kit to install. No rust or straightness issues. Set up for engine and tranny of your choice. weight savings. Bigger tires. There are many reasons to buy one. But then again If you have a well sorted stock set up you are correct that it does not suit your needs.

I guess I am the only one who sees that these suppliers are missing a huge market by only going after the Camaro guys. These parts would benifit the Street crowd who are tired of the Mustang 2 stuff. Remember how many rods have F body clips? Stay tuned I have something to show you in a month or so.

That is exactly where I am coming from. My frame won't work. Who knows if the next one will be good? Or it is tweaked where I can't see it? I want a rack, and if you add everything up it is just about (or cheaper!) than a full Detroit Speed conversion on a stock subframe, with a new frame, and accepts 10" wheels to boot.

I don't really need Corvette stuff. I am the first to admit this thing isin't going to be thashed at the track. It isin't going to thrashed at the drag strip (all the time!) and mostly is going to be a street beast. Call me fo-touring, but I want it to handle a little better than a bucket.

I got into restoring this Camaro not because of what a magazine told me, but the interweb. I found parts when I was researching cars that were BETTER and COOLER than the stock parts... and eventually I found this site. Before then, and before I knew what pro-touring was, I knew exactly what I wanted: a modern car in an old body. I actually learned what pro-touring is from this site (what a testimonial?)

Anway, /rant off, I may be wrong, but the rack conversions for a stock frame are rear-steer. This is front-steer. (Actually, doesn't someone make one? I can't seem to remember right now).

The moral of the story for ME anyway is: I need a new frame. I have a bunch of DSE parts. I don't want to spend $6k on a Corvette frame... and it seems like a pretty damn good solution for ME.

67bird
03-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I am kinda in the same boat. I am planning on getting DSE stuff. I wanted a rack and to keep my Pontiac engine, and I had to fix my stock frame. I figured why not. So there is some interest on my part. Wayne did email me back as well. He mentioned about putting peoples name on a list and emailing them when he got caught up to see if there was enough interest to make some. I hope he does. I have been holding off buying anything until the DSE frame comes out. My concern here is that whatever I buy will be overkill for my DSE mini tub with leafs.

madmax
03-31-2006, 12:11 PM
I am kinda in the same boat. I am planning on getting DSE stuff. I wanted a rack and to keep my Pontiac engine, and I had to fix my stock frame. I figured why not. So there is some interest on my part. Wayne did email me back as well. He mentioned about putting peoples name on a list and emailing them when he got caught up to see if there was enough interest to make some. I hope he does. I have been holding off buying anything until the DSE frame comes out. My concern here is that whatever I buy will be overkill for my DSE mini tub with leafs.

I don't think so... from what I understand a good leaf setup is just fine for just about anything. I can't wait for the DSE frame, and anyway, from what I hear it is going to be up there in price (ala $6000) which is $2k more than what I am planning on with Wayne's new frame. Already busted the budget... that would just put me farther :screwy:

MuscleRodz
03-31-2006, 01:24 PM
I don't think so... from what I understand a good leaf setup is just fine for just about anything. I can't wait for the DSE frame, and anyway, from what I hear it is going to be up there in price (ala $6000) which is $2k more than what I am planning on with Wayne's new frame. Already busted the budget... that would just put me farther :screwy:
And it will not use their tubular arms currently already on the market. It will use all new stuff last I was told. $6K was the number I heard over a year ago.

Mike

Leadfoot1
03-31-2006, 07:20 PM
6k...Welcome to DSE's world!

What do you expect from a company that sells a 4 point cage for 650$ when you can get a 10 point everywhere else for 250$....

'Looking forward to getting more details on the new WD frame.

Lead.

I got my 345-25-20 P-ZERO'Ss today!!!! :twothumbs

Madspeed
03-31-2006, 07:45 PM
[quote=BRIAN]I have one and it isn't going on an F body. I think you have to look past the [pice and actually the differnce of the parts.

:hmm:
Umm My Corvette arms have del alum bushings.Just an fyi in case you thought u had to run rubber or the dreaded Uro.

Jagarang
04-04-2006, 08:44 AM

It is not you Carl. It seems funny that Wayne would do that.

What you guys talkin bout Wilus!!

BRIAN
04-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Well add the cost of those bushings on top of the Vette stuff and the price difference gets larger. That is what I am trying to explain. Not for everyone but can be good deal for guys with right combo.

wendell
04-04-2006, 09:41 AM
kevin,
in one of the pics you can see that the rear pick up point on the pass side lower control arm is in single shear. Single shear meaning only one side is mounted to the frame. CarlC's powers of observation are impressive. Think his eye for detail might be expressed in that fast red car of his?

baz67
04-04-2006, 12:11 PM
BTW single shear=bad 99.9% of the time

Jagarang
04-05-2006, 04:43 AM
I guess I should be glad mines a C-4 clip?

Is the lower mount you are refering to, the one indicated in the photo? I'm just trying to expand my knowledge base!

Thanks for the clarification guys!