PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro Bumper Brackets

dipren443
03-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Long story short, I had these made for me quite some time ago when I was in the processing of restoring my 69 camaro. I never actually finished and didnt get a chance to use these. If its hard to tell exactly where they go, they are the ones that weld to trunk floor and are the anchor point for the bumper bolts on the inside of the trunk. They are missing some holes, I just never bothered to drill them, I was going to let the body shop do that once they were welded in the right place. What I am wondering is if there would be any interest in these brackets. As far as I know, there aren't any restoration company's making these, and I have a machine shop willing to duplicate these for me for a fair price. The dimensions for these brackets were taken from a perfect set of original brackets and all the bends/lips are there.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

toxicz28
03-14-2006, 07:41 PM
They do reproduce them, and they are available to the general public. Classic Industries p/n KW612 for $39.95 a pair. You would have to beat that price to be competitive.

dipren443
03-15-2006, 09:24 AM
You know, I noticed that this morning, I just didn't have a chance to update this post. I know for certain that they weren't being made when I had these fabbed about 10 years ago. I sold the car before I finished it and just found these in the depths of the garage. I am going to see how cheap the machine shop can go without sacrificing quality and using the same guage sheet metal. It is a shame I wasn't more pro-active about this. As I was looking through the classic catalog, I noticed so many new things being reproduced now. It seems you can actually build yourself a new 69 camaro these days from scratch. Unbelievable. In a way, I am glad I am driving a 2nd Gen now.

ProStreet R/T
03-15-2006, 09:49 AM
It seems you can actually build yourself a new 69 camaro these days from scratch. Unbelievable.

Not only can you build a completely new 1st gen, you can buy them turn key. Pretty wild, and kinda cool at the same time.

If I were you I wouldn't bother with NOS type stuff, get into the aftermarket. Build some lightweight, possibly aluminum brackets for various pieces. May not be 100% P-T but I know we all wouldn't mind droping some dead weight, especially the track rats.