PDA

View Full Version : Suspension co-ordinates?

BluEyes
03-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey everyone. New here, but not a total suspension newbie, so I have really been enjoying soaking up all the in-depth info from the threads. I should have come here a long time ago...

Anyways, what I was wondering is if there is some sort of database out there somewhere in cyberspace with suspension co-ordinates for older American cars that one could put into Suspension Analyzer of WinGeo (I'm using WinGeo at my University) so I could take a look at how things are to begin with (besides not ideal) and ponder mods that I can afford.
The best I have to measure things with is a tape measure...

David Pozzi
03-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Suspension Analyzer comes with some examples.
Exactly what car are you looking for?

BluEyes
03-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Most interested in a 1977 Camaro and a 1954 Chevy for the time being.

I keep thinking about getting suspension analyzer because it is so afordable compared to Wingeo, but I have free access to Wingeo through school, so for now that seems to work best for me!

Damn True
03-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Well the Camaro or at least it's subframe is a platform that has been used a lot in circle track racing, I'd venture to guess that the data, if not in "Suspension Analyzer" can be attained from a number of chassisbuilders. The 54 Chevy though......

David Pozzi
03-15-2006, 02:50 PM
I have a rough set of measurements for a second gen from our 73 Camaro but they were just taken with a tape measure in about an hour.

You can download Perf Trends and run it free for 10 days or so. Even after I think it still works, but you can no longer save files.

You can print out the examples, they have a Mustang II and Corvette C4, also some circle track cars. I don't think they have any 54 chevy stuff...

BluEyes
03-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Hey, hadn't thought about borrowing the numbers from their demo. Tape measure is about the extent of my measuring capabilities also, so I guess I'll try PT's numbers and see how I like that program as well.

Really, I'm surprised that no-one has any kind of measurements site put together, considering how meaningful this stuff is.

Figured I'd be on my own with the '54, haha. Never hurts to ask though. I'm buying one soon and love the body but would like to work to make the suspension handle well. I know that's a tall order, and even moreso because I'd like to keep the stock crossmember, but I think it can be done.

BluEyes
03-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Well, SA doen't seem to have a Camaro in their examples. Care to share those measurements off the '73?

David Pozzi
03-24-2006, 10:31 PM
I'll post them, probably after sunday, I'm getting ready for an open track day this Sunday. Please remember they are not exact numbers, I need to re-measure the car now that it's rebuilt and aligned.

BluEyes
03-25-2006, 08:30 AM
That's fine. Best I have is a tape measure and a gravel driveway anyways, so I doubt I could do any better.
Last time I was doing an alignment in a parking lot, a security guard was sent out. He didn't tell me to leave or anything, but I think I need to find a different 'level spot'.

Have fun at the track!

pdq67
11-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Guy,

For the old '54, you just might look at spec's for a '62 'Vette b/c it uses a '54 Convert type frame and suspension if the '62 still has the center pivot steering arrangement!!

If I remember right!!

pdq67