PDA

View Full Version : Studs

1Fine69
03-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey im putting the rear end back together on my 69. I got 12 inch wilwood discbrakes all around.I go to put on the rotor over the studs and i find it wont seat properly. it doesnt slid all the way flow to the studs. I figure out its because when the threads stop on the stud and it gets flanged, its to wide so the rotor holes wont slip all the way down. Now im thinkking im gunna drill out the wholes a couple thousandths, or grind down the studs. Which should i do?

1Fine69
03-12-2006, 08:53 PM
oh! while im at it i dont wanna make another thread, but how much vacuum minimum you think i need?

MrQuick
03-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Just drill the holes larger...use a step drill for straight results. they say 18in min but i've been lower. Not too sure what booster you are running?

chicane67
03-13-2006, 10:41 AM
It could also be the register diamter..... but a simple uni-bit (aka step drill) as MrQuickie has suggested is the best solution.

I will also agree with the 18" recommendation..... you could get away with lower, but you would have to step up to a different booster, unless you have already adapted a late C5/6 booster to your system.